Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Allow Surrender Immediate Surrender if Someone Leaves

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

checkmater75

12-22-2012

Sometimes people just went to get a sandwich or a jacket or to close the window etc during the loading screen, then it loaded faster than they expected or they dropped their sandwich etc. These natural things do happen so I think that immediate surrender shouldn't be allowed.

LuckiestJungleNA

12-22-2012

If there should be any reform to the surrender system, I'd vote for it to actually be a majority vote. Instead of nearly unanimous.

MicKretz

12-22-2012

so far in my experience, when there is a leave/afk...the game is decided around the 15 min mark as to whether you can pull it off 4 vs 5 (i play normal pvp games) or not....so I agree with a previous poster.....knock at least 5 mins off the Surrender and that would/could easily save me 20-30 mins of my time a day when i play for most the day on my day off

Cloudpost

12-23-2012

Quote:
Gungywamp:
If there should be any reform to the surrender system, I'd vote for it to actually be a majority vote. Instead of nearly unanimous.

I strongly disagree with this. When you queue you should be prepared to play a full game, if there are still two whole players who want to continue the game then you are being unfair to them by ending it. People with the "no" opinion should matter more. Players are also bad at judging when a game is completely lost. I cannot count the number of times games have been won where three people voted to surrender. If your team can win a team fight under the right conditions then you are still in the game. If your team is able to farm you can still win the game.

LuckiestJungleNA

12-23-2012

Quote:
HermitDruid:
I strongly disagree with this. When you queue you should be prepared to play a full game, if there are still two whole players who want to continue the game then you are being unfair to them by ending it. People with the "no" opinion should matter more. Players are also bad at judging when a game is completely lost. I cannot count the number of times games have been won where three people voted to surrender. If your team can win a team fight under the right conditions then you are still in the game. If your team is able to farm you can still win the game.

And what of the people that just don't vote? A 3/1 still fails.

Cloudpost

12-23-2012

A person who doesn't vote should be counted as a no. Surrendering is an action (it deviates from the way things currently are) so the default should be no. Think of a game where players are allowed to vote to kick other players. If only the people passionate about the kick are the people who vote yes then a person might get kicked even if a decent chunk of people see nothing wrong with their behavior. If a person thought their behavior was foul then they'd most likely choose no because they actually care about the issue.