Talk me out of this build on Darius!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

I know it seems good on paper and it sounds good in game!! I feel he needs 3k to be competitive though.

Build:
Mercs, Manamune(Muramana), Frozen Heart, Banshee Veil, Ohmwrecker, Maw of Malmortius

Ohmwrecker is just stupid on Darius with his ult.
Frozen heart and Darius, pretty obvious

I want to despise Manamune on Darius but whats one of the worst things that happens to top lane Darius? OOM when trying to ult on a champ.

Please tell me this sucks so I can stick to his his normal health builds.

The other build would be
mercs, FM, BC, Omens, Mals, the new aegis upgrade thing.

Mogs

Autocthon

12-06-2012

Why would you build FM?

A strong build on Darius is...

Boots to taste
Trinity Force (AAReset guys)
Bulwark
GA

Then fill in to taste. GA+Bulwark is 80 to Armor/MR, depending on boots you can have as much as 180 in MR, and yuou will certainly have a massive amount of armor. TForce provides movement speed (essential for a champ with weak closing and kitability) and wastes only a single stat (AP).

Build offense/defense hybrid items to taste. No need for Muramana if you're not spamming everything on cooldown, and splashing a Philo is never a bad thing. BT is a great "I'm fed but I want to be more fed" item for the raw AD but not something you should build every game. BC is a great item as well (and actually is worth building often great stats).

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocthon View Post
Why would you build FM?

A strong build on Darius is...

Boots to taste
Trinity Force (AAReset guys)
Bulwark
GA

Then fill in to taste. GA+Bulwark is 80 to Armor/MR, depending on boots you can have as much as 180 in MR, and yuou will certainly have a massive amount of armor. TForce provides movement speed (essential for a champ with weak closing and kitability) and wastes only a single stat (AP).

Build offense/defense hybrid items to taste. No need for Muramana if you're not spamming everything on cooldown, and splashing a Philo is never a bad thing. BT is a great "I'm fed but I want to be more fed" item for the raw AD but not something you should build every game. BC is a great item as well (and actually is worth building often great stats).
Not much of a fan of TF on him. Seems more like a noob trab if anything. The small benefit in MS, Sheen procs and Phage procs does him no good late game. His late game is extremely poor.

IonDragonX

12-06-2012

Quote:
No need for Muramana if you're not spamming everything on cooldown,
I disagree. It adds big chunks of damage with his regular AA. It even adds extra damage on W and R.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it gets multiplied by the W effect as well. Up to 200%. That means turning 4% mana into 16% damage.

Mogs01gt

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
I disagree. It adds big chunks of damage with his regular AA. It even adds extra damage on W and R.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it gets multiplied by the W effect as well. Up to 200%. That means turning 4% mana into 16% damage.
I dont think the damage from muramana is increased.

I understand people complain about his early game damage but he falls off a great deal at the 25-30 minute mark because he has to build tanky to stay in fights. Mana items oddly give him surviveability. more ad focued items hurts him. Its hard giving up mallet on him though!

Autocthon

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
W applies 200% physical damage. It does nt double on hit effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs01gt View Post
Not much of a fan of TF on him. Seems more like a noob trab if anything. The small benefit in MS, Sheen procs and Phage procs does him no good late game. His late game is extremely poor.
It's an excellent item, TForce procs for an extra 160 or so damage every two seconds (he has short cooldowns) and the stat spread is actually pretty good. The loss of HP from frozen mallett isn't a massive deal unless you'e getting hard focused and the extra MS tends to be extremely useful into lategame.

Consider that he's already weak to kiting. That's the point of building it. It mitigates some of his kiting issues while giving a number of offensive stats and some mana (mana is good). Personally I find it a better item in slot than Muramana lategame.

Consider mixing Cleaver+Ohmwrecker+TForce+Bulwark. That's something like 1100 bonus health and significant tankiness. Muramana replacing the TForce will reduce tankiness (loss in ~8% eHP) and reduce MS (reducing closing speed and increasing kitability) in exchange for a bit more damage output.

67chrome

12-07-2012

Quote:
Consider that he's already weak to kiting. That's the point of building it. It mitigates some of his kiting issues while giving a number of offensive stats and some mana (mana is good). Personally I find it a better item in slot than Muramana lategame.
I've seen a Daruis kite for days with one of these, from seeing it in action I'd say it's not a bad idea by any stretch. And especially for having problems with kiting, as Tri-Force is pretty much the ultimate chasing/kiting item. I'm fairly certain it also adds more %movement speed than anything else in the game now as well.

Autocthon

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
I've seen a Daruis kite for days with one of these, from seeing it in action I'd say it's not a bad idea by any stretch. And especially for having problems with kiting, as Tri-Force is pretty much the ultimate chasing/kiting item. I'm fairly certain it also adds more %movement speed than anything else in the game now as well.
Zephyr adds slightly more.

Quote:
I dont think the damage from muramana is increased.

I understand people complain about his early game damage but he falls off a great deal at the 25-30 minute mark because he has to build tanky to stay in fights. Mana items oddly give him surviveability. more ad focued items hurts him. Its hard giving up mallet on him though!
If you need more than ~200 in both defenses and nearly 3k HP to stay in a fight (my recommended build) then you're doing something wrong.

Mogs01gt

12-07-2012

Quote:
W applies 200% physical damage. It does nt double on hit effects.It's an excellent item, TForce procs for an extra 160 or so damage every two seconds (he has short cooldowns) and the stat spread is actually pretty good. The loss of HP from frozen mallett isn't a massive deal unless you'e getting hard focused and the extra MS tends to be extremely useful into lategame.Consider that he's already weak to kiting. That's the point of building it. It mitigates some of his kiting issues while giving a number of offensive stats and some mana (mana is good). Personally I find it a better item in slot than Muramana lategame.Consider mixing Cleaver+Ohmwrecker+TForce+Bulwark. That's something like 1100 bonus health and significant tankiness. Muramana replacing the TForce will reduce tankiness (loss in ~8% eHP) and reduce MS (reducing closing speed and increasing kitability) in exchange for a bit more damage output.
It seems you are ignoring how poor TF is late game. Its an item that has good scaling early(Sheen procs) and mid game once its fully built. Late game, which again Darius has none, TF hurts the champ who cant effectively proc sheen every few seconds. Darius only has 2 abilities that can efficiently proc Sheen.

He has better synergy with Frozen Heart than a lot of other items due to his low mana pool and his AS reduction.

Autocthon

12-07-2012

Quote:
It seems you are ignoring how poor TF is late game. Its an item that has good scaling early(Sheen procs) and mid game once its fully built. Late game, which again Darius has none, TF hurts the champ who cant effectively proc sheen every few seconds. Darius only has 2 abilities that can efficiently proc Sheen.

He has better synergy with Frozen Heart than a lot of other items due to his low mana pool and his AS reduction.
"2 abilities that can effectively proc sheen"

One being an AA reset with a sustained 2 second CD. You know the perfect sheen proccing spell? In order to maximize sheen procs that's all any champ needs.

You *can* build him with frozen heart, but the nature of his scaling rewards actually building offense because it gives a wider execute window. If you are going to buy JUST ONE offensive item (Mallett isn't an offensive item really btw) then you're best served buying TForce. It has the best output (even endgame) for one item slot on darius.

Edit: And darius does have a stable lategame, it's just not exceptional