Is Nunu viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glorianos

04-12-2010

Topic says it - is Nunu viable? I enjoy playing him, but when he can just be interrupted by around 1/3 of the characters, or be countered with flash or escape abilites, is there a point?

Level99RaidBoss

04-12-2010

Twisted Treeline

Jravolta

04-12-2010

Get enough health to withstand some burst, a banshee's veil/quicksilver sash/cleanse is nice for getting that ultimate off. Nunu's just as viable as most characters.

HawksGoCAW

04-12-2010

More than half the cast interrupts his ult . . . .

Agility

04-13-2010

He is okay.

Don't forget, he can make other AD chars badass...

CarbunkleFlux

04-13-2010

Nunu is amazing at chasing. With a nice, strong carry for a partner he can really screw up anyone he lanes against. Anyone oversteps their safe zone, you Blood Boil the carry, slow the enemy and enjoy your assist (or possibly even kill).

The ult needs to be set up to really work correctly. And he NEEDS a banshee's veil, especially. Anything to hold off the CC til Absolute Zero works its magic.

This thread really makes me want to pick Nunu back up.

Firu

04-13-2010

I am a pretty hardcore Nunu player and I'll say he's still viable. But not necessarily as a pure AP hero. I'm around 58-29 with Nunu and hadn't started playing him until level 30, so take that as you will. My main success with Nunu is as a tank. Focusing on a Levi/Banshee's Veil/Aegis/appropriate boots, I'm able to tank sufficiently while my team slaughters the others. Flashing in and ulting is more a means of initiating and to get yourself focus fired than it is to actually kill the other team. It's works because most people do not think Nunu has enough HP to survive straight focus fire, but his base HP is actually pretty decent. The skill your build will focus on is not the snowball slow but his lovely little attack/movespeed buff.

OmniOblivion

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorianos View Post
Topic says it - is Nunu viable? I enjoy playing him, but when he can just be interrupted by around 1/3 of the characters, or be countered with flash or escape abilites, is there a point?
Nunu is very much "viable".

I get Visage, Rod of Ages, Swiftness, Guardian (these are the 4 i always get). Even when Nunu's Ult is interrupted, it still deals half (plz test this out, I believe it does...) of what Absolute Zero would initially deal.

Consume is great farming and healing (combine that with Visage.) O_O

Ice Blast shuts down physical carries pretty well.

Blood Boil is just....annoying.

Spectros

04-13-2010

I rarely ever lane with a Nunu. They just run away lol.

Rhetorical Hippo

04-13-2010

Now normally, when you ultimate with Nunu, everyone will run away instead of interrupting you unless you play at a high level. And even if one of the people DOES stick around to interrupt you, Banshee's Veil should be on your person to prevent this!