Tips for Caitlyn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C23Chad

12-07-2012

I started playing yesterday and have been using Caitlyn. Is she good and if so, do you have any tips for using her?

Joyous

12-07-2012

She is most definitely good. She is one of the longer ranged ADCs.
My tips would be to get your trap first. Since teams almost always follow meta, you can put the trap in the bottom bush when the other team facechecks (just get there quickly).

Make sure to remember that you can use her net to help get closer to opponents as well as getting away.
<3 Good luck.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

12-07-2012

just point and click, and positioning is everything for a ranged ad carry, let a team mate tank for you, then rip the enemies apart. make sure to hit turrets ad champions do more damage to the turrets.

CounterSnipe

12-07-2012

Cait has one of the longest attack ranges among AD carries, which allows he to both poke, and farm from a distance without allowing the enemy laners much of a chance to counter her. I personally do not play ADC, however, I enjoy playing Cait from time to time because it's so easy to farm with her. I can hit about 90 cs in 11 minutes with her because of her range and her Q ability.

Some tips would be this:
1) Focus on farming instead of harassing. Cait's ability to farm is very high in comparison to a lot of other ADC.

2) Last hit minions well. Try to use just your auto attack to last hit things,but do not be afraid to use your Q ability to last hit a few minions as well!

3) Try to have all 3 traps in your lane at one time. And place them in places where the enemy jungler will come from if your support doesn't have a ward.

4) Always make sure to have enough mana for your net and a trap just in-case you need to run from a gank. The net will allow you to get away, and the trap can be used to disrupt people from chasing your or your support.

5) Build Infinity Edge first, especially if you're new to the role of ADC. This allows you to do damage in team fights and increases your farming ability. After you get the hang of the role you can experiment with other items.

6) Consider buying a hunter's machete and 5 potions to start. I really like doing this on cait because it allows you to last hit like crazy. Your range will allow you to evade a lot of the harass, and the recent buffs to movement speed (and your displacement from your net) will allow you to escape early ganks quite well. However, this is strictly for a farm lane, and is something I only do in normal games.

I hope I was able to help you with this. I'd recommend going onto solomid.net and looking at some live streams of adc players. Guides help too, you can look on solomid.net, leaguecraft.com, lolking.net, or mobafire.com. All of their top rated guides are pretty good, read them all to see how different people play.

AntHill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

If you would like I would be willing to do some 1v1 work with you and help you understand not only caitlyn but the role she fills as a whole as adc is my main position and what I am best at. If you are interested send me a friend request and remind me of this post so I know what to help with.

I wont be available until after work in like 4.5 hours so dont be worried if i dont respond right away.