Question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riven Is A Bunny

12-06-2012

Alright, well, I do my best to be real sportman ship in my games and everything, and I believe, I have been doing it fine, now, well, today was my brothers birthday, and I REALLY HAD to go eat for his cake and everything, or my mother would unplug the router to make me (I am 16 btw ) and well, I come back from eating, and our team was losing anyway, and boom, I get insta banned for a day for going afk and not helping.
Another thing, Yesterday night, at around 4am, we had an electricity problem and the game closed, I came back and was warned for leaving.
I mean, sometimes, Life occures you problem and you can't do anything about it,
but like, it was only a warning, but a person who played for a long time and these things happened to him, sometimes, and he gets a perma ban, its not even his fault.
This insta Ban for leaving should be reviewed, OR, at least checked the conversation in the game, if the person was doing like 0-10 and randomly goes afk, that was maybe a rage quit, but in my examples, the first game i was 7-4 i believe, and in this one that got me banned today, I was like 4-6 (wich isn't too bad since I had 2 counters in my lane). Not scores to make me Rage quit at all.

-Riven Is A Bunny ;D

Space Racist

12-06-2012

Do you have your Reform card(s) link(s) to hand? If so, please share.

Bear in mind that single events that you know might result in you being reported are not the sole reason why you have been punished. Of course, real life happens. But there could be other things you've been doing that you've been reported for that you did not know was getting you reported. It's like a "straw the broke the Camel's back" scenario - people have maybe been reporting you for other things, and it just so happens that you got banned for these other things around the same time you knowingly broke the rules.

Bans are not given out lightly - so you may have triggered LeaverBuster through leaving games in the past and it just so happened that your more recent leaves triggered the system to dish out a punishment for the collection of leaves, both past and present.

Riven Is A Bunny

12-06-2012

well, the acc im talking to you about was made YESTERDAY XD
and also, no, at clearly says its banned for leaving or something like that, and btw, what is the thing you asked me to provide you?
Im new to all this. Just think its kind of stupid, that I was banned for having to go for my brothers birthday, talking about that we are about to eat the cake soooo, ill be back inna bit.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Sounds like a really touching story, but I feel that is fake.

You don't get banned for one game, it takes a series of cases.

related recent thread: (protip: read the links)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2857310&page=2

Space Racist

12-06-2012

The story is neither here nor there. If you know there's a real life event coming up that will distract you from the game or mean you won't be able to focus for the full duration of the game (min. 45min for Summoner's Rift, 20min for Dominion) - don't start a game. League of Legends isn't quite like some games where you can just jump into a game, play for as long as you want then leave when you need to. Before you embark on joining a match - you need to ensure you will have enough time to finish the match without needing to abandon it.

As I said, it's unlikely you were banned based on the few events you mention in your story. Bans are given out for a series of reports over time.

GON the Mage Guy

12-06-2012

If you made the account yesterday and you left, chances are it was a LeaverBuster ban. Easy solution: don't play if you know you don't have the time.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

leavebuster

Riven Is A Bunny

12-06-2012

I see, but well, I couldn't tell, the game was like 50 mins when I had to go....I know, im never gonna start a game if I only have under 40 mins...im not stupid -_- and, the time my mother unplugs my internet, i don't chose that myself. she does it when she wakes up for the baby, cause I have a 10 month old brother too.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-06-2012

While things like electricity problems and your mom unplugging the router may be out of your control, it's not fair to the 4 teammates you get matched with for them to play with a teammate who leaves 20% of his games (or whatever rate).

LeaverBuster is an automated system that issues bans based on a certain leave frequency. It doesn't matter why you leave, it only matters that you leave to often relative to the number of games you complete.

You need build up a large sample size of games where you don't leave at all (no matter what the cause of leaving) in order to earn more leniency on games where unforeseen events cause you to leave.

Sharajat

12-06-2012

LeaverBuster.