Anyone ever reminisce of BC/vanilla WoW?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RidDK

12-06-2012

Every now and then I just love to listen to the BC and Vanilla soundtrack and remember the good ol' days, when I'd be in strangethorn vale and constantly fighting people that would be taking my mobs or would be around me. Or when I'd be in eastern/western plague-lands and it was pretty much a universal battleground with people everywhere ganking each other. Molten core was hella fun as well, along with black-wing lair. I mainly miss this era due to this fact I encountered much less kids and the community seemed somewhat nicer and more compatible, I didn't even mind having to roll against 10+ people in raids for a piece of gear, because I knew not everyone would get it. Everything just felt so new and adventurous, I feel the game has gone stale as they introduced the newer expansions such as Cataclysm and the Panda one.

I think this might be just me, but the thing I remember most about the World of Warcraft series, is how fun the public test realm was to play on, especially in the BC. I remember spawning with like 5 level 70's of different classes in the blood elf starting zone, then having to venture out of the midst of the fight to get to safety. I would often map a travel route to enemy cities and areas that I would raid with other people, Darkshire seemed to be the prime target for whatever reason though. There would also be large scale raids/fights in major cities, especially this one that I remember quite well which was in Stormind. The streets were literally flooded with people fighting everywhere, it felt like a real city siege, only afterward did you realize how many people were actually there with all the dead bodies everywhere. But I digress, WoW was my childhood and I had to admit it but I started playing when I was about age 8, I was rather mature compared to other kids though and didn't grief in comparison to all the obnoxious little kids today. I believe I ended up stopping around age 15 when Cataclysm came out, not because Cataclysm was necessarily bad, but I felt like a part of me was lost when all the zones changed and I could no longer visit past memories as well. I have to say, to this day I've yet to find a MMORPG capable in my mind of beating Vanilla/BC WoW.

I hope someone out there remembers Tales of The Past the WoW movie, I've never seen such an epic video game movie in my life, this really got me addicted. I actually cried a little when some of the characters died as well.

Well that's what I reminisce of WoW hbu you guys?

- Also sorry if I got off track, I have pretty bad ADD and jump to random thoughts every now and then.

Umbasa

12-06-2012

no, wow sucks.

Kroda13

12-06-2012

no the changes they have recently put in the game have made it better. I am having more fun in WoW now than I did during Classic and BC

sammich kek

12-06-2012

If you think you're reminiscent of those days go play a private server, you will quickly realize you aren't

MikeRoch

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkSammich View Post
If you think you're reminiscent of those days go play a private server, you will quickly realize you aren't

I did and I actually enjoyed it. However, I must admit we are spoiled by how easy WoW is now. Plus, private servers arnt the same due to player base.

I miss the slow pace of vanilla wow. Where people would take their time on every level. Where you would craft items to actually make money rather than level up your skill. Where you would spend hours running a dungeon to complete a gear set thats not level 60.

Now its just a rush to end game.

Shagra

12-06-2012

I do miss Vanilla and BC. Regardless that the class (Feral Druid) that I do play now was absolute **** back then, I kinda miss it.

Shagra

12-06-2012

Cata did awful things to PvP. MoP has made it so much worse. If I want to PvP where I can 2 shot people, I prefer CoD.

Exoctane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

BC was terrible and the beginning of the end - the addition of paladins to horde and shamans to alliance ruined faction-based strategy and pvp.

Vanilla, now that was quality gaming

Kroda13

12-06-2012

Quote:
how easy WoW is now
WoW has never been hard

Exoctane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroda13 View Post
WoW has never been hard
Obviously you've never played vanilla naxx