How safe is your password?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dakoolnoob

Recruiter

12-06-2012

9000 years. seems legit

Augratafier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im just A Troll View Post
we wouldnt crack it, we would get you to give it to us
Realistically, this is more true than imagining someone with a password cracker.

Social engineering is far easier to abuse than passwords.

Darkvolcan

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertBlowfish View Post
Apparently my password, which is a random combination of letters and numbers, and is 8 characters long, would take 11 minutes to crack.

Somehow I don't think so.
Length doesn't matter as much.
Let's assume there's 36 different characters for your password, A-Z, 0-9, non-case sensitive.
This means there's 36^8=2,821,109,907,456 different combinations for your password.

If a computer runs a loop that goes through each possible combination one at a time, I believe 11 minutes.

I had my comp run a program that spat out 1 billion different random numbers, it took about 15 seconds.

Naveed 20

12-06-2012

It would take a desktop PC about
82 million octogintillion years
to crack my password

HA. AND TO THINK IT'S JUST 1234

SUCKERS

OriginOfDeath

12-06-2012

peeeeeeeeeenis would take 511 years.

Apparently nobody is immature.

DT777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

631 thousand years.

I don't think this thing is very accurate. For one, it looks like it's calculating off of a very poorly written brute-force algorithm. Two, I put in the combination of four words, and it gave me 8 Billion years. I added a 1 to the end of that combination, and the security actually went DOWN. Well, I mean to 6 Billion years, which is still very damn secure, but I believe the algorithm is assuming the attacker knows or can very accurately guestimate the length of your password.

MoonsBane

12-06-2012

My daily password i use (for BS sites and things i don't really care about) would take 96 million years. The one i use for important things is 130 Octilion.

On another note, The Konami Code (UpUpDownDownLeftRightLeftRightBASelectStart) would take 486 septendecillion years...

Bynaar

Recruiter

12-06-2012

My most secure password is 157 billion years. My standard password is about 37 years.

Qart Hadast

12-06-2012

A year :O

Bat Bot

12-06-2012

whatislovebabydon'thurtmedon'thurtmenomore apparently will never be broken EVER