The official shaco discussion thead! Back dooring your mother!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kingsolara

12-06-2012

Okay so I had this great idea to help this game move forward so much quicker since I love our community!
In the yugioh forums over in pojo land we have something called strategies section. And basically all the players that play a certain deck wether that be glad beasts/morphtronics/heroes/ etc etc it gets its own discussion group so players who wish to make their deck as competitive as possible or at least learn what the deck is about can quickly gather information from one thread.
I realize league of legends is missing this and it needs to be changed. The guides are pretty good and all but we all know that even those guides can be tweaked. And a discussion group is just the way to do it!

Basically this thread is about shaco! My favorite champ and maybe others also. In this discussion we will be discussing what makes shaco shaco. What he scales from, how to build him, what's best to Mac for what scenario etc etc. after we have discovered the basics we can delve right into builds!

It's very similar to yugioh but by taking part in this discussion you strengthen your community the same way guides strengthen the community!

I really hope this picks up because it would be a quick and easy way to read up on what's new and popular with players of certain champions right now!

So shaco players rejoice and let's begin the discussion!
First off what does shaco scale off of?

Kingsolara

12-06-2012

Well I guess I'll start off!

I was taught shaco scales best from attack speed and some armor pen.
Shaco has great base stats but horrible scaling so to best take advantage of his stats you opt for attack speed early and arpen after a recurve bow or an attack applied item.

I'm not 100% sure though

killerbunny56

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Do you jungle him? If so what's a typical build for him from the jungle?

Guy on a bus

12-06-2012

2 words. Infinity Edge. Rest is cake.

xKHORNExLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Shaco scales off of bad opponents.

Kingsolara

12-07-2012

I only jungle him yes. Ap is viable but you lose out on a lot of deeps. It's similar to so trist but I believe in her old form she was stronger as a burst pick.

For build this season? With the boots change I really do not feel the difference is to major from tier 1 so I typically don't buy them till a third buy or maybe second.

I start machetes but I think shaco can still start boots with proper box placement. I mean I would think cloth to be an even stronger start over machete for better invading. I just like having 5 pots this season for more a longer hanker period over the boots+3

Still going wriggles till because I have not had a lot of time to tinker with the spirits stone evolutions. But it looks like it would only delay your strongest part of the game anyway which is midhame.

Black cleaver is so Good right now so I rush that. The. A static shiv afterwards.

I was never really a fan of ie because the best component a bf sword is quite costly. And unless your having a breezy game you won't see an ie until late mid game. Plus there are better build paths over the pickaxe or cloak. At least for me.

Guy on a bus

12-07-2012

Rush IE => crit 600 + off Q

Kingsolara

12-07-2012

My only problem with rushing ie is I'm assuming you get a pick axe as the first component?
But around what time do you have ie?

Guy on a bus

12-07-2012

Big ****ing sword first, then pickaxe, then crit, or strait into IE if I have enough. Depending on game.. I can usually have it by 10-15 minutes in. I'm really good at getting CS so.

Darkwolfyy

12-07-2012

I love shaco and usually play him jungle, although playing him ap mid is most satisfying for me. You have to be extra careful of the enemy mid's playstyle though, last hit when possible, box when not, and try to keep up mana so u can use those shivs.

When playing mid, it benefits you and your team by doing 1 fun thing, stand in the brush behind enemy red and place 4-5 boxes behind red; This gives you a level advantage, ruins your enemies ganking potential, and helps your jungler.