Having Major problems farming on Swain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXCFXx Avenger

12-05-2012

When i play Brand or Orriana i can get 200 cs by 25 minutes easily. But on Swain i am getting half that. His atk animation is terrible, but i can cope with that. What i have problems with is he has limited AOE, and i can't control my birds, so they sometimes make me miss last hits. During the mid game i can't out dmg my teammates because i can't burst the back wave down. Any tips?

adc

12-05-2012

Are you insane? His autoattack animation is really really good.

Beyond that, you can use your Q to get a last hit. Your ult will hit the closest 3 non-champion targets, if I recall correctly.

Sounds like you just need practice.

xXCFXx Avenger

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Are you insane? His autoattack animation is really really good.

Beyond that, you can use your Q to get a last hit. Your ult will hit the closest 3 non-champion targets, if I recall correctly.

Sounds like you just need practice.

I do need pratice, but without burst how can i get CS before my team noms it all. i play at about 1400 elo, so i need to stick close to them to make sure they don't do stupid ****. That leaves little room for farming. On other casters i can land a few spells and get most of the CS. I am also reluctant to use my ult to CS because it uses so much mana, and has bit of a c/d after i turn it off.

Everspace

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger2142 View Post
I do need pratice, but without burst how can i get CS before my team noms it all.

This is bad how? They need gold too.

i play at about 1400 elo, so i need to stick close to them to make sure they don't do stupid ****. That leaves little room for farming.

That excuse is quite horrible. Also, consider being not where your team is sometimes.

On other casters i can land a few spells and get most of the CS. I am also reluctant to use my ult to CS because it uses so much mana, and has bit of a c/d after i turn it off.

It's fine to toggle the ult quite often, as the mana ramps harshly as you remain in it. It's very rarely the 5seconds or so is going to kill you
BLUHBLUHbLUH

Grollm

12-06-2012

Well you're offering two conflicting accounts here. You say that by 25 minutes you are usually at 250 CS on Orianna or Brand. In most games the 25 minute mark(usually a little before that) is about when the laning phase ends. Sometimes a lane will win hard or lose hard and the tower we go down earlier, but that's about the time mark where you should still be in lane solo farming, so your reasoning that your team is taking the cs during team fights, is faulty reasoning. I think you need to download lolreplay and watch your games with Brand, Ori, and Swain and see when you are getting the majority of your farm. Also, you're comparing Swain's farming to Ori and Brand, which are AOE monsters. It would be like me comparing Leblanc's or Ryze's farm, to Anivia's or Morg's farming ability. Each champion has different ways of farming, some are better than others. You just gotta play around and try to maximize the farm with each one.

Slashinghardest

12-06-2012

You cant really xompare ori and brand to swain farm wise. Brand can combo two abilities and clear a wave same with orianna. You have 1 AoE spell so your farming isnt easy, your better off taking what you can and killing/pushing out your opponent.

Grollm

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashinghardest View Post
You cant really xompare ori and brand to swain farm wise. Brand can combo two abilities and clear a wave same with orianna. You have 1 AoE spell so your farming isnt easy, your better off taking what you can and killing/pushing out your opponent.
I just said that in the previous post...

Castrer

12-06-2012

Take it from a swain *****, swain is not meant to Cs that much, swain will allays be far behind in cs than allot of mid ap's, his strength comes from his ability to CC the **** out of shamps, give kills assist, and take kills, ur main "REAL" source of income is kills, swain has a mortal skill build if u know how to use it.He takes lots of practice, i got over 800 games with him.

Aceroar

12-06-2012

Swain is an amazing AP mid. True his farming is not nearly as good as some other ap mids (ori, brand, xerath, zyra, ahri etc...) but his power comes from his early game single target damage. At level 6, getting a kill is almost to easy for him if he lands a full combo with an ignite.

Basically, as a swain if you are not getting kills, you are doing something wrong.