The New Jungle and You.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Christiankaiser

12-06-2012

Thread discussing the new jungle. I used to main the jungle before this patch, often playing unorthodox jungles like Wukong, Lulu, etc, as I would also jungle the FotM champions, I find the jungle too difficult with this new patch. The creeps just don't die fast enough and deal far too much damage, and I find myself needing to base even before the first clear often times. Usually people don't put up enough damage on level one buff either, so that might contribute. When I buy the hunter machete, I don't feel I do enough damage still. After blowing all of my health potions early, I usually decide to go gank, and if it isn't successful, I usually fall really far behind and don't provide enough, if any, map presence and it becomes extremely difficult to catch up.

So, Does anyone have any tips and tricks, along with the champions they've found do best in the new jungle to help me get back into the groove of doing well?

Christiankaiser

12-06-2012

bump

DTiga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

I've seen a lot of high elo players playing lots of single target focus junglers, i.e gangplank/riven. I myself main lee sin and I've been doing okay in the jungle. Not as well as in season 2. I'm not sure how you're taking a lot of damage thus far, are you trying 21 in defense? Also, sometimes I like asking for smiteless on red, most people don't think you can do it anymore but if laners can risk 1-2 early cs I can normally get first blood by their wraith's.

Christiankaiser

12-06-2012

Yeah, I've tried 21 in defense. I still don't do too well :/

DTiga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Who are your main junglers?

White Pony

12-07-2012

Fizz does well. I also did pretty well with Kha'Zix and Warwick. I take what i can from offensive, get a little bit tankier in defensive and take buff duration in utility. Those are the points I try to hit when I jungle just about anyone.

Edit: Used to main sejuani in the jungle..... she failsauces all over everyone's faces now and no one comes out of it happy.

Kchaosrei

12-07-2012

stick with offensive junglers at this point. i can do a soild clear with shy in 21 9 offensive defensive. i then get as red and quints and rush the mandreads. after that the jungle is a jk. though personaly i am terrible with shy so i screw up the ganks at that point. but a better person would wreck the other team.

sadly i think tank jungle is over minus a few cases like ammu.

Darlingt0n

12-07-2012

Just play mundo

ToasTersTruggle

12-07-2012

This is just what I do for Lee Sin. But first, remember how Lee with a starting Vamp Scepter allowed him to NEVER leave jungle?

Get 3 quintessence of vampirism and 3 points into lifesteal in Utility. It'll just be like old times.

(Gaining health in jungle rather than losing it) (Still requires smart use of Lee's secondary W effect)

Grollm

12-07-2012

I was messing around with Nocturne last night, he seems to be about the same. His clear time is pretty fast once you get your Wriggle's.