New Jungle Rammus Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HazardousIndex

12-06-2012

A lot of people are QQing about the new jungle, and they are saying that jungling Rammus is very difficult to impossible now.

What I want to know is if anyone is having success jungling with the Armordillo? If so, what runes, masteries, and items are you using?

LogicalTautology

12-06-2012

I haven't tried Rammus out in the new Jungle yet, but he can't possibly be any worse than he was before. That said, here is some theorycrafting:
Runes probably have to be AS/Armor/MR/[filler].
You need at least 21 Def as Rammus, so probably 9/21/0? I'd guess AS/AP18/MPen in the Offense tree.
Start with Knife+5 pots. Rush Spirit Stone. Build tanky as you did before. New Warmogs seems like it should be good on him.

Fênrir

12-06-2012

rammus is my favorite atm, if u cant jungle him your doing it wrong...

Tanathalis

12-06-2012

When I jumgle rammus in s3 I start with both and 5 pots, from runes and masteries I hhave like 30 armor and then sstart with your w. I know I have too much armor.

buukstabu

12-07-2012

I am also having trouble with it. I have to back before I can finish a clear, and that is with machete and 5 pots. I have a 0-21-9 set for my mastery.

HoWallaWoH

12-07-2012

I start with Doran's Sheild and can clear the jungle without going back....yes you may have to double back to wolves for a minto let your health advance, but your health regen from this item alone will establish enough health to complete first round of Jungle. I can't remember exact runes, but I have mostly armor and health runes/quint.

kwoxer

12-08-2012

Checking the actual jungle tier list, rammus isn't the best but also not the worst jungler you can have: http://www.ljtd.eu/jungle-season-3/ He is stronger then in season 2 at all.

I Love Slurpees

12-08-2012

flask/pots = leaving jungle safely with all champs. I'd assume taking armor reds/yellows and MS quints would make him that much better.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

I've done a lot of muckin' around with Rammus since the patch, since he's my main tank. Its done him a lot of good.

Runes:

Attack speed reds
Attack Speed Quints
Armor Yellows
MR/Level Blues

I feel like Rammus' runes do not need to be changed, I've always felt he needs more attack speed for a faster clear. With his passive, and the way the new jungle is set up... this has never been more important.

I go 0/21/9 masteries

Knife/5 pots

Boots/Orb

Boots of Mobility(Ganking without them is dumb. 800 MS on a gank is what makes Rammus jungling scary.)

Here's where it gets weird, for me, anyways. Usually at this point I'm going to measure my competition.

Are they mainly AD? Thornmail has always been Rammus' AD answer. Are they mainly AP? The new Bulwark is amazing. I actually go Bulwark if they are evenly split, as well.

Then I keep adjusting. If I'm needing to deal more damage but taking damage isn't a problem, I'll finish my stone into the AD, if I need more tankyness I'll go the armor/health route.

From here everything is situational, but I've grown really fond of getting a Frozen heart at this point. It helps people catch up.

I always take captain boots on most junglers, nothing beats 8% Speed up for those whom you are ganking for, and Rammus is a fast tank so no exception here.

Usually I'll build health from here on out, with his W armor/mr is just kinda meh. I may build a Randuin's or thornmail late in the game to dish out more damage.

From what I've seen, though, most rammus games end with you having less than 3 items.

Cheap0

12-08-2012

Maybe it's just coincidence, but I've been seeing Rammus a lot more since the new patch. Perhaps he's doing better now than he used to? I guess one thing he does well is that he can gank effectively pretty early compared to other junglers whose early ganking has been signifcantly weakened.