Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Possible Solution To Jungle Complaints!?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JygenGod

12-06-2012

Quote:
Voidgolem:
Skarner - Likes both Ancient Golem (Tenacity/Health/Armor) and Lizard Elder (AoE Burn)
Darius - Loves the **** out of Lizard Elder (AoE Burn.), Still ok with Golem (%bonus to DoTs, Tenacity)
Fizz - Sucks in the jungle anyway, even now.
Lee - Possibly Lizard Elder, Still can use Wriggles.
Yi - Can make good use of all of Machete's upgrades depending on build. And loves it in all cases.
Poppy - lol idk. Don't see her as viable in the new jungle.
Tryn - Wriggles.
Wukong - Lizard Elder/Golem, though I have no idea why you'd jungle him over top/mid.

Do people just not realize that spirit stone boosts all your aoes AND those aoes proc the burn from lizard elder?

Sigh... All of those limit those champs to certain items, Yes lee can use and benefit from wiggles but not everyone who jungles Lee prefers to grab it, and same goes with every other champion mentioned above, depending on how people like to play their champ, the new "mandatory item" severely cripples these peoples play styles, Skarner for example benefits from the Boots for a level 2 gank (yes he can successfully gank at level 2) because of the huge speed advantage he gets over the other champs giving him more of a chance to keep the enemy champ slowed long enough for whoevers in that lane to get the kill and or secure it yourself, I havent tried poppy in the new meta but she used to be one of the best (underplayed) junglers in the game.

Voidgolem

12-06-2012

Quote:
JygenGod:
Sigh... All of those limit those champs to certain items, Yes lee can use and benefit from wiggles but not everyone who jungles Lee prefers to grab it, and same goes with every other champion mentioned above, depending on how people like to play their champ, the new "mandatory item" severely cripples these peoples play styles, Skarner for example benefits from the Boots for a level 2 gank (yes he can successfully gank at level 2) because of the huge speed advantage he gets over the other champs giving him more of a chance to keep the enemy champ slowed long enough for whoevers in that lane to get the kill and or secure it yourself, I havent tried poppy in the new meta but she used to be one of the best (underplayed) junglers in the game.

"waah how dare an item be absurdly good for my champion I want to buy useless **** instead"

That's all I'm getting out of this.

Voidgolem

12-06-2012

Quote:
facetious:
Incorrect?

The Spirit Stone is not as good as Madred's Razor for Shyvana. Mana regen is a completely wasted stat. Stick with Wriggle's.

His original claim wasn't that you couldn't buy it. His claim was that there are better options for many Champions. Wriggle's Lantern is always a better choice for Shyvana.

Oh no you spent 100 gold for mana regen.

this is a bad trade in exchange for 25% more AoE to creeps and additional true damage for your burnout ticks/Tenacity from something besides boots and a pile of health

And, again, Wriggles is still a machete upgrade, and thus "is useful".

JygenGod

12-06-2012

Quote:
Voidgolem:
"waah how dare an item be absurdly good for my champion I want to buy useless **** instead"

That's all I'm getting out of this.

All im getting out of this is "IDK How to diversify the champs i play in the jungle to take advantage of my enemy teams weakness's" I used to play skarner jungle A LOT, I was able to start with boots, Regrowth pendant, life scepter, or dorans shield and depending on whether i planned on building tanky, rushing trinity, grabing extra armor to gank a hard hitting top at level 2, or even if i was just playing for fun and was experimenting, I had options and those options are literally gone, skarners not the only champion that suffers from this.

JygenGod

12-06-2012

Quote:
Voidgolem:
Oh no you spent 100 gold for mana regen.

this is a bad trade in exchange for 25% more AoE to creeps and additional true damage for your burnout ticks/Tenacity from something besides boots and a pile of health

And, again, Wriggles is still a machete upgrade, and thus "is useful".

You still lack the basic idea of this thread, League Of Legends used to be about options, You could build champs based on your play style/situational, you still can with every other role, but with Jungle you are almost always forced to start machete, unless you play a champ like fiddles,nunu, or trundle (idk about trundle I never tried him but I assume he can hang without machete oh and nunu's clear time with machete is ridiculous because he basically has a double smite and yes machete works well on nunu.). The point is Riot really limited Junglers in this new patch.

Ice Mage

12-06-2012

Ok so with S3 jungle they are making it more viable for champions who only use single target spells/auto attacks because champions with AoE w/ low cd cleared jugnle way to fast compared to those single targeters. Reason for the gold is champions like maokai/amumu got through jungle pretty fast that they can gank and still keep up with inlane gold rate and when they keep up with gold or even get put ahead they get items that impacts early/mid game at an early state when its used to be at mid/late game those items make the impact there, so with the jungle gold they are making it so that junglers dont get those high impacting items too early to dominate the other team. I think those with gold issues if you want something to possibly help think about items. For lets shyvana if used to get ionic spark and now with the new "ionic spark" its build from Zeal and Avarice blade. Note now that avaric blade is a gp item as usually but now w/ 2g per kill; getting it can most likely help your gold issue with jungle its may not be much, but it makes the impact, but if you feel like not look towards items for your souce of gold there is always the gp Quints, so hopefully this helps you guys understand and what to go for.

Voidgolem

12-06-2012

Quote:
JygenGod:
You still lack the basic idea of this thread, League Of Legends used to be about options, You could build champs based on your play style/situational, you still can with every other role, but with Jungle you are almost always forced to start machete, unless you play a champ like fiddles,nunu, or trundle (idk about trundle I never tried him but I assume he can hang without machete oh and nunu's clear time with machete is ridiculous because he basically has a double smite and yes machete works well on nunu.). The point is Riot really limited Junglers in this new patch.

You have options.

You just have options as derived from Machete.

Really, when your options in S2 were "Start boots or get laughed at" I'm not sure why this is so hard for you.

Voidgolem

12-06-2012

Quote:
JygenGod:
All im getting out of this is "IDK How to diversify the champs i play in the jungle to take advantage of my enemy teams weakness's" I used to play skarner jungle A LOT, I was able to start with boots, Regrowth pendant, life scepter, or dorans shield and depending on whether i planned on building tanky, rushing trinity, grabing extra armor to gank a hard hitting top at level 2, or even if i was just playing for fun and was experimenting, I had options and those options are literally gone, skarners not the only champion that suffers from this.

And half of these items meant you were a bad player. "Diverse" or no.

You can still rush other things - there's nothing saying you must upgrade Machete right away. Only that you start with it (or lose a giant chunk of cleartime for the sake of 25 ms. Or lolcloth, I guess.)

It is merely foolish to write off the upgrades as "lol I don't want dese".

Ice Mage

12-06-2012

Quote:
Voidgolem:
Skarner - Likes both Ancient Golem (Tenacity/Health/Armor) and Lizard Elder (AoE Burn)
Darius - Loves the **** out of Lizard Elder (AoE Burn.), Still ok with Golem (%bonus to DoTs, Tenacity)
Fizz - Sucks in the jungle anyway, even now.
Lee - Possibly Lizard Elder, Still can use Wriggles.
Yi - Can make good use of all of Machete's upgrades depending on build. And loves it in all cases.
Poppy - lol idk. Don't see her as viable in the new jungle.
Tryn - Wriggles.
Wukong - Lizard Elder/Golem, though I have no idea why you'd jungle him over top/mid.

Do people just not realize that spirit stone boosts all your aoes AND those aoes proc the burn from lizard elder?

I will admit the spirit stone upgrades are great, but to put into consideration is your income of gold and your game situation. It cant always be a early core item to get.

Housemate

12-06-2012

I dont think you understand the problem. Jungle gold sucks now even if you perma-farm the jungle. Junglers are now in a position where they HAVE to snowball or be forced to deal with having support levels of gold income.

Making new boots doesnt help this problem. And a stronger jungle just makes the income disparity more glaringly obvious, because killing junglers is easier.