Swain vs Kat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luvatar

12-06-2012

Swain wins. Kat simply can't trade him, and if she goes all in, chances are he'll survive the burst and just either kill her or passively get his HP back.

Plus, her ult makes her a sitting duck for nevermore.

Nasdrovia499

12-06-2012

Swain wins.
- Swain has targeted damage on E and Q, while Kata is mostly good against skillshots due to her mobility. He also has DoTs and consistent damage, which isn't countered by Shunpo.
- Swain builds tanky and survives Kata's burst. Kata needs to build heavy Mpen/Ap and she usually cant afford an early revolver (if she does, she's not a threat anyway). And whether she takes it or not, Swain will outsustain her, as long as he survives a complete burst.
- Swain gets hit by the debuff on Kat's ult, but it also allows him to land an easy W. The only way to avoid it for Kata is to cancel her ult and run away.
- Kata has 2 ways to try to win this matchup. First, control Swain's blue buff at all costs. Second, push the lane hard with Q and W since it takes no mana, while Swain has to use W and R to clear quickly. In the meantime, roam and kill whatever you can, because once the Bird finds you, you're ****ed.

LethalPeace

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reallshotgg View Post
you shove the lane and go roam, cuz you're not gonna outright kill swain
unless he tries to use nevermove on you when you're not ulting then you all in on him and kill him
Nevermove is just an icing..even without that Swain like mega loads on Kat....

MagnusXL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Swain has to press his early game advantage against Katarina. Swain's damage > Katarina's damage.

Katarina snowballs harder, however. Swain also can't overtly stop her from ulting on his face.

Inmund

12-22-2012

if you feed her or let her get feed at low lvl she will kill you, but if you can get tankier enough and she doesnt get good items you will laugh at every one of his skills since she is burst damage after all her abilites she will just run; same problem i had with cassio in a ranked but i just farmed quietly trying to harrass a bit and then when i knew i had enough life i just snared her and killed her even when she stunned me with her ult.