help thinking about upgrading my cpu.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

canadiangreen

12-06-2012

Hi there

So currently i am running

processor: Intel core 2 duo e6750 @ 2.66ghz
Memory:4GB ddr3 (only sees 3.43 due to 32 bit version of xp)
Video card: Asus HD 7750 1GB ddr5
MB: ASRock G41M-S3

So I am thinking about upgrading my cpu but really unsure of a suitable upgrade I found this page that shows me what cpu's are compatible with my motherboard( http://www.asrock.com/mb/cpu.asp?Model=G41M-S3 ) . Could someone tell me honestly which would be the best choice. I plan on upgrading to windows 7 64 bit once I have the money also if that helps at all.

CinemaShow74

12-06-2012

Back in the day, the best value 775 quad was the 9550. 8500 for dual core.

The question I have is where are you getting the processor from? The places I get parts from no longer have 775 CPU's anymore. I see Ebay has lots of used and new, but I wanna say that its more cost effective to just upgrade the mobo and run a 1155 CPU. Or you can wait for Haswell to come out next year.

canadiangreen

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaShow74 View Post
Back in the day, the best value 775 quad was the 9550. 8500 for dual core.

The question I have is where are you getting the processor from? The places I get parts from no longer have 775 CPU's anymore. I see Ebay has lots of used and new, but I wanna say that its more cost effective to just upgrade the mobo and run a 1155 CPU. Or you can wait for Haswell to come out next year.
I have a small computer store in my town that has lot of old stock and a used portion of stuff also. they usually give me a pretty solid deal since i give them good clientel sending my friends there and stuff. if i could get a decent deal from them i would like to get the 9550 do you think there would be a huge difference if i was able to upgrade compared to what i have now?

CinemaShow74

12-06-2012

You should see a difference with that you have now.

canadiangreen

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaShow74 View Post
You should see a difference with that you have now.
thank you the feedback was much appreciated.