Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

help thinking about upgrading my cpu.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

canadiangreen

12-06-2012

Hi there

So currently i am running

processor: Intel core 2 duo e6750 @ 2.66ghz
Memory:4GB ddr3 (only sees 3.43 due to 32 bit version of xp)
Video card: Asus HD 7750 1GB ddr5
MB: ASRock G41M-S3

So I am thinking about upgrading my cpu but really unsure of a suitable upgrade I found this page that shows me what cpu's are compatible with my motherboard( http://www.asrock.com/mb/cpu.asp?Model=G41M-S3 ) . Could someone tell me honestly which would be the best choice. I plan on upgrading to windows 7 64 bit once I have the money also if that helps at all.

CinemaShow74

12-06-2012

Back in the day, the best value 775 quad was the 9550. 8500 for dual core.

The question I have is where are you getting the processor from? The places I get parts from no longer have 775 CPU's anymore. I see Ebay has lots of used and new, but I wanna say that its more cost effective to just upgrade the mobo and run a 1155 CPU. Or you can wait for Haswell to come out next year.

canadiangreen

12-06-2012

Quote:
CinemaShow74:
Back in the day, the best value 775 quad was the 9550. 8500 for dual core.

The question I have is where are you getting the processor from? The places I get parts from no longer have 775 CPU's anymore. I see Ebay has lots of used and new, but I wanna say that its more cost effective to just upgrade the mobo and run a 1155 CPU. Or you can wait for Haswell to come out next year.

I have a small computer store in my town that has lot of old stock and a used portion of stuff also. they usually give me a pretty solid deal since i give them good clientel sending my friends there and stuff. if i could get a decent deal from them i would like to get the 9550 do you think there would be a huge difference if i was able to upgrade compared to what i have now?

CinemaShow74

12-06-2012

You should see a difference with that you have now.

canadiangreen

12-06-2012

Quote:
CinemaShow74:
You should see a difference with that you have now.
thank you the feedback was much appreciated.