How did the new jungle increase variety?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chaser676

12-06-2012

Sure, some old junglers are decent again, but the overall pool of good junglers is lowered...

Tenshyo

12-06-2012

Nautilus is viable again. I know this for certain

Corporal Cupcake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Yorick is the greatest jungle ever now. Ghouls tank ALL the damage >

Voidgolem

12-06-2012

Viability up across the board since you don't necessarily have to level 2 gank to be a "viable" jungler.

Still sorta gold hungry, but then again you're not as far behind as you used to be since lanes lost gold too.

Halagren

12-06-2012

This was mainly directed towards high level play I'm sure. And a lot more champions are capable of jungling now. I played a jungle teemo the other day on one of my scrubs. Was awesome.

Shadowy1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

It increased the pool a little as farm junglers are now more useful, as a level 2 gank is no longer a requirement for jungling.

DemolitionDean

12-06-2012

The upgrade from spirit stone makes some AP junglers that were hardly viable pretty dang good now.

Phil Nye

12-06-2012

I don't remember anyone from Riot saying that the goal of S3 jungle was to increase diversity, that was more of the purpose of S2 jungle.

Felaedor

12-06-2012

There's a difference between strategic diversity and the size of the overall pool of viable junglers.

The S3 jungler pool is about the same as S2 was at its largest, but some S1 picks that were just WAY too slow in S2 are back, and some S2 AoE only picks that subsisted off of the jungle just being really ****ing easy have been nerfed.

Essentially S2 increased the pool to "anyone with AoE".

There are more AP junglers than there have ever been, and the balance between ST and AoE has shifted significantly. It might overvalue raw damage a little bit, but we'll see.