Every game so far, both junglers have the lowest gold

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogranfreeman View Post
The irony here is that you're actually getting less gold from the jungle.

What they did is massively buff passive gold gain, so that "wealth of extra gold" you find in your pocket? Yeah, that's not from the jungle. You'd be getting that if you just stood on the fountain and twiddled your thumbs. So when you go up against laners (who also have this larger passive gold gain) you're going to again be feast or famine; and probably thet second of the two. Sure, you'll have a bit more gold to invest in yourself then you generally did in the s2 jungle... but the laner will have more gold than they did in the s2 lane. So they'll still have bigger boots on the ground with head and shoulders well above yours with regards to both gold and experience as they kick your teeth in.

Really, the only thing this "new" jungle does is make ganking far more difficult and dangerous. It's still just as much a requirement to being any sort of successful as ever, and falling behind in the jungle is now even more deadly than it ever was.
Ignoring that lane creeps lost gold value as well...

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:

What they did is massively buff passive gold gain, so that "wealth of extra gold" you find in your pocket? Yeah, that's not from the jungle. You'd be getting that if you just stood on the fountain and twiddled your thumbs. So when you go up against laners (who also have this larger passive gold gain) you're going to again be feast or famine; and probably thet second of the two. Sure, you'll have a bit more gold to invest in yourself then you generally did in the s2 jungle... but the laner will have more gold than they did in the s2 lane. So they'll still have bigger boots on the ground with head and shoulders well above yours with regards to both gold and experience as they kick your teeth in.

Really, the only thing this "new" jungle does is make ganking far more difficult and dangerous. It's still just as much a requirement to being any sort of successful as ever, and falling behind in the jungle is now even more deadly than it ever was.
you forgot to mention that each lane creep killed gives less gold, so laners actually have prettymuch the same amount of gold.

Felaedor

12-06-2012

Scaling skills and the prevalence of AoE will never allow a relatively unrestricted (as far as champs who can jungle from level 1 goes) jungle to function the way Riot wants it to.

The more concentrated the farm the better, and with such a small map, increasing scaling jungle gold to help junglers will only lead to laners taking more and more of it.

The meta is moving away from 3+1+1 and towards 3+2. It's been doing that for some time. Riot's attempt to correct this is honestly a little bit misguided, as they're going about it the complete wrong way.

EVERYONE can kill jungle camps by 8 minutes in easily and efficiently. If you want to buff jungle gold and shy away from 3+2, buff the gold output when only junglers can clear them efficiently. Not when everyone can.

zuusun

12-06-2012

Quote:

Okay so then kindly explain to me why I have been able to keep up with almost every lane in gold, as well as been able to gank lanes properly and effectively?

Felaedor

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuusun View Post
Okay so then kindly explain to me why I have been able to keep up with almost every lane in gold, as well as been able to gank lanes properly and effectively?
Because your laners are bad last hitters.

MagnusXL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

I dunno. I made a decent amount of gold when I tried the new jungle as Nunu WHILE getting ganks in every once in a while (admittedly, this was a lot harder with the new sightstone QQ).

Granted, Nunu can blow away any jungle monster instantly without having to worry about his health. He doesn't really count.

Bullettime7

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
Because your laners are bad last hitters.
This. Lane gold actually hasn't changed much either. Lane gold is worse until I think it's 15 minutes at which point they break even with the old gold change and keep going ahead from each minute on.

Jungle gold is lower before 11 minutes and starts scaling up after that point, but the problem is that junglers won't actually be farming their jungle when the increase kicks in.

The gold changes were only nerfs to the early game to force more lane aggression and less farming dependence or jungler aggression. The problem is that it evens out for laners but by the time junglers get to the point where they can actually reap the benefits of the new jungle, it's at a point in the game where the jungler isn't farming and is instead being needed for objective control and tower defense, while the carries start farming your jungle instead for extra income.

SP3

12-06-2012

My last 4 games as jungler (excluding one where I dc'd) I definitely wasn't the last one in gold.

Though that might have to do with getting fed.

ScarletDeviI

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicApathy123 View Post
you forgot to mention that each lane creep killed gives less gold, so laners actually have prettymuch the same amount of gold.
Yes and the siege creep gives a huge sum more, Overall its evened out for the laners.

Jungle not so much.

gimeyop

12-06-2012

stop QQing about S3 jungle. Unless you experienced having to go Double golems > wraiths > wolves > blue > blue pill > double golems > Red, STFU about S3 jungle!