What if the aura provided some global cooldown reduction?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaRatmastah

12-06-2012

I have no idea what the number would be set at, but do you think this might encourage more build diversity? I mean, everyone and their mother itemizes for CDR on this map anyway, so it's not like you'd be giving a massive buff to people that they wouldn't otherwise have. You're just making it less necessary for everyone and their mother to sink half their budget into frozen heart.

Orphane

12-06-2012

The question to ask would be: does this buff bruisers more than it helps every other role?

If the answer is yes...

DaRatmastah

12-06-2012

I dunno, does it? I feel like on mages, I'm always torn between itemizing for AP, Penetration, or CDR. I think this is part of the reason BFT is so popular. I never feel like I have enough CDR until very late game, just because if I prioritize it over the others I don't do much damage.

SylianEUW

12-08-2012

I think 5 or 10% CDR from the aura could be nice, especially now that many CDR options (read: Frozen Heart) are weaker than before, and the scaling CDR from defensive masteries is removed. I'm not sure how it would affect balance, though.

VoidInsanity

12-08-2012

Can't work without it making the balance of stuff like Yorrick, Urgot, Kassadin, Etc even worse. Only way to make the aura give CDR would be to have it give CDR based on your AP, but a better solution would be some special item ap's could buy that gives them CDR above the CDR cap.

SylianEUW

12-08-2012

I'm not convinced that it would make these champions worse, since it would give every champion CDR.

The Fizznity

12-09-2012

khazix
^why it will never happen

CDR is a stat 90% of bruisers love but generally have a hard time itemizing for.

VoidInsanity

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post
I'm not convinced that it would make these champions worse, since it would give every champion CDR.
If you give it to everyone it is not a buff to those that need it, look at what happened with BFT. There were casters that needed BFT to be viable, and there was others that did not. Everyone was able to get BFT, but did that prompt the rise of new casters entering the scene or did it just promote the only strong ones from good to god tier? And let us not forget that it was not just casters that could get the item, AD Malz and Urgot among others gained thrived when BFT was added. More so than any of the casters the item was meant for.

I really shouldn't have to be explaining this, since the same thing is happening once again with the Black Cleaver.

LunarisDream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Voting for 5% cdr so I can get my AP runes back on Kayle after Nashor's cdr nerfs.

MMKH

12-09-2012

How about we not get into more cookie cutter builds due to maxing out CDR sooner... gotta leave build options open.