I need helpzorz pl0x

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DivinElement

12-06-2012

Hello fellow summoners,

I've been playing this game for a couple months now and have hit the proverbial wall. Essentially, I've gotten to the point in this game where I can pwnzorz my lane for the first 20 minutes, I can last hit with my eyes closed, and harass/kill if enemy champs over extend. My problem is the post 20-30 minute mark, where it's now team fight time. Every single game, I'll be at that point where i'm 3/0/1, or 4/0/3, then finish game like 6/5/8, or worse 5/10/7. What I'm trying to say is, I am worthless in team fights! Laning is easy for me, I know my job and I know how to do it. When it gets to team fights, as an ap mid I don't know where to stand, where to go, and how to kill without everyone pwning me. I hope this all makes sense. Please help!

Grollm

12-06-2012

It sounds like positioning. From looking at your matches you play a lot of ap mids. You gotta make sure you stay back behind the tank or initiator with the adc and just dish out your damage from far away. Most of your mids have a good range, so it's not like you're playing Ryze where you HAVE to get in close. Also, looking at most of the games you lost and even a few of the games you won, your team doesn't have an initiator and the enemy does. When you don't have an initiate(Leona ult, Blitz Pull, Malph Ult, Alistar flash+pummel, etc), it makes it very hard to team fight when the enemy team has that and you don't. When you are in champ selection be wary of this and try to encourage your teammates to not only pick champs that do well in their lane, but also form a cohesive synergy with the team itself. This hard to accomplish in solo queue, but sometimes with a little nudging you can get people to pick the right choice.

ScarbowTonyGor

12-06-2012

Most important thing to know in a fight is: "If you never get hit while your opponent always gets hit, you win."

DivinElement

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grollm View Post
It sounds like positioning. From looking at your matches you play a lot of ap mids. You gotta make sure you stay back behind the tank or initiator with the adc and just dish out your damage from far away. Most of your mids have a good range, so it's not like you're playing Ryze where you HAVE to get in close. Also, looking at most of the games you lost and even a few of the games you won, your team doesn't have an initiator and the enemy does. When you don't have an initiate(Leona ult, Blitz Pull, Malph Ult, Alistar flash+pummel, etc), it makes it very hard to team fight when the enemy team has that and you don't. When you are in champ selection be wary of this and try to encourage your teammates to not only pick champs that do well in their lane, but also form a cohesive synergy with the team itself. This hard to accomplish in solo queue, but sometimes with a little nudging you can get people to pick the right choice.
This is very helpful, thank you.

Grollm

12-06-2012

Hey man glad I could help!