Tribunal is kind of upsetting sometimes,

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuki

12-06-2012

I've been doing 15 cases a day, and when I review the cases in the justice review their outcomes are visible, it's really hard to fathom some of them.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6014134/

This case, I was strong minority, and the player was pardoned..
Every other case someone has acted like this, time bans..

so unfair.

and now im starting to get cases where people are just reporting for no reason and someone ends up in the tribunal, which can risk their account

fuzzyjon

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalous View Post
I've been doing 15 cases a day, and when I review the cases in the justice review their outcomes are visible, it's really hard to fathom some of them.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6014134/

This case, I was strong minority, and the player was pardoned..
Every other case someone has acted like this, time bans..

so unfair.

and now im starting to get cases where people are just reporting for no reason and someone ends up in the tribunal, which can risk their account

I can understand the noob or simple statements but the "stupid" part is where i was like woah. You guys can put that chat into google translator btw. Not good either. Almost every player needs to get banned this game. Compare it to this>

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6016553/

Jrud

12-06-2012

I have a cat named Noob... I think I yell like that sometimes XD

Haljegh

12-06-2012

The case you linked is kind of ****ed up. The Riven started the argument and I don't speak Spanish, so I'm leaning towards Pardon/Skip.

I really don't believe retaliating against an abusive player should be Punished. Some of the things that Riven said are worthy of a permban.

There's also only one game listed to judge from. If the player exhibited similar negative behavior during other visible games as well, I'd form a better opinion from those.

fuzzyjon

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljegh View Post
The case you linked is kind of ****ed up. The Riven started the argument and I don't speak Spanish, so I'm leaning towards Pardon/Skip.

I really don't believe retaliating against an abusive player should be Punished. Some of the things that Riven said are worthy of a permban.

There's also only one game listed to judge from. If the player exhibited similar negative behavior during other visible games as well, I'd form a better opinion from those.

Google translations bro. It will translate it all.

Dracorya

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyjon View Post
Google translations bro. It will translate it all.
Online translators are horrible at providing correct syntax and context of a statement. A translated thing usually ends up a garble mess that could mean different things with only a general translation provided.

Lilery

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
Online translator are horrible at providing correct syntax and context of a statement. A translated thing usually ends up a garble messed that could mean different things with only a general translation provided.
Not to mention some words, depending on context or certain letters which may not copy/paste well, can be totally harmless one way and a scathing curse another.

Space Racist

12-06-2012

It's hard for this case. It is a crossover of two different guidelines - one which says "punish people for verbal abuse" and the other is "try to see if the abuse was one-sided". In this case, the non-reported player's verbal abuse was far worse than that of the reported player. Although the guidelines for Tribunal say that you should focus on the actions of the reported player, on balance this player got a real time of it from that enemy - and therefore I can see why people sympathised and pardoned.

I would also say that I would have probably voted to pardon too - not because I sympathised with the reported player (I don't, I feel that you need to have self-control in a game to not react - and that just because someone is verbally abusing you doesn't give you the right to abuse them back) - but because it's a 1-Game case. With no other games to base my judgement on, I'd have either carefully re-read the chatlog or voted to skip. 80% chance I'd have skipped.

Regarding online translators - don't rely on them in cases where most of the chatlog is in another language, but they certainly can be useful to translate single words or phrases so you can get an idea about what is being said and whether it's likely to be offensive in nature or not. The Tribunal guidelines state to skip cases where the chatlog is in a language you do not read.