Eleisa's Essence in mid or top lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Top Wards NA

12-06-2012

Okay it may sound weird at first but with heart of gold gone this may actually be viable. Top will have to figure out how this works (I don't top lane enough to know where this would work into the builds). This Item grants a good amount of HP5 and MP5, not only that but if you gain 3 levels with it on you'r person then it disappears and becomes a passive.

I just played solo/duo with a buddy to test it out and to decent results. Played Morgana mid against an Ahri so i knew i would need to out farm pretty hard. So I went double dorans into Eleisa's and it gave me enough regen to stay in lane even without blue buff for most of the game.

So what I'm wondering, clearly this wont be viable for everyone as some champs do not have mana. But will this only work with passive farmers or people who need to wait a while to get big items (DFG on Evelynn or Zhonyas on Morgana)?

Discuss

IS1b9658da2596f2ad5b7d9

12-06-2012

Delays your items way too much. Not worth it. That's my opinion.

Shadowy1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Eleisa's is nice in that it gives a free item slot, but then the item in that slot isn't too amazing. The 1100 gold isn't worth the stats on its own. So unless you need super sustain and the slot, don't do it. On that note it is fun to have if you can fit it in.

Top Wards NA

12-06-2012

well with the raise in ambient gold if you cant build it flat out, you can build philo stone and still get some extra gold off that. To be honest i didnt put my hourglass out any later then i normally would. And with the sorc pen boots I still secured 3 kills by 18 mins. I am by no means a pro player my elo last season was only 1170-90 something and this season is not going spectacular but still okay. Im just looking for some others input, so thanks for your opinion

MrGrimm999

The Council

12-06-2012

If the permanent item also gave gp5, then it might be worth it, but the fact that you have to upgrade from the philo stone makes it meh.

Think about it, 1100 gold for some hp and mana regen, no gp5? 1100 gold is almost a mid game tier item. If you have this and they have a haunting guise, which is better?

I think you are better off with the philo stone if you want that route. Rush philo stone asap and just farm mid and wraiths hard. By the time 20 minutes roles around you will have your normal build + some extra gold generation and regen the entire time.

DannyIzSik

12-06-2012

only if you get revive or heal o.o (or maybe cv)

Top Wards NA

12-06-2012

true but as i said i feel this only works on some champions. Ones that come to mind may be Ori, morg, even possibly gragas. That extra regen on not only the mana but the health can let u take a little poke and keep your farm up.

I do understand what you mean though, without some extra early income from a gank or something this can be a real detriment to you'r mid game.

OrnyOrnyOrny

12-06-2012

Well if its the end of the game and there's alot of poking and sieging, I would suggest buying it. Though in most cases I can't see it being too useful on anyone but a support player.

Top Wards NA

12-06-2012

you wouldnt pick it up late game. the only reason you are picking it up in the first place is because it wont take a slot if you level 3 times