@RIOT: How to discourage AFK and get people wanting to not leave the game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aerinx

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagovirus View Post
It's totally stupid. You don't need a stupid useless "incentive" for not going afk (i don't care about ward skins or anything else, and i'm already someone with 0 leave out of nearly 2k games played).
You will get nowhere with that attitude, there is no way to justify that level of punishment on an online GAME. This is a game, not a job. RIOT's current leaverbuster system is as far as it will get in terms of punishment, they have reason to do so and it is perfectly reasonable, deal with it. Mainly because you can not spy on people and know why they are leaving the game, all your words are based on mere assumptions.

Now, can we improve the current situation with small incentives, given that harder punishes are not an option? I think we can, and so this thread comes to life. It obviously will not work with you, and it will not work with every one, but it will contribute to improve the situation since there will be more commited people every game to keep their rewards.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagovirus

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerinx View Post
You will get nowhere with that attitude, there is no way to justify that level of punishment on an online GAME. This is a game, not a job. RIOT's current leaverbuster system is as far as it will get in terms of punishment, they have reason to do so and it is perfectly reasonable, deal with it. Mainly because you can not spy on people and know why they are leaving the game, all your words are based on mere assumptions.

Now, can we improve the current situation with small incentives, given that harder punishes are not an option? I think we can, and so this thread comes to life. It obviously will not work with you, and it will not work with every one, but it will contribute to improve the situation since there will be more commited people every game to keep their rewards.
There is, it's a MULTIPLAYER game where you screw 4/9 other people when you screw up, ruining their time.

Wasting 9 times 30 to 50 mins is well deserving of the 24h suspension. Most likely if it's an emergency, you have other things to do in that time period.
If it's not an emergency but your usual "i afk 2/3 games a day, and leave 1 or so everyday" self, you should have been perma-banned after less than a week.

Stop defending griefers, it's the thing that make this community SO toxic. The DAY those punishments are in, the level of afkers/offliners in games is divided by 1000 in under a week, and stay there. And not because a lot of people will be permabanned, but because KNOWING they risk something and being HIT by the punishment right from the get go will mean people will STOP playing when they KNOW they don't have the time, hoping for a 20mins surrender on either team when they should not play with less than 45mins available.

Once again, if you don't want the constraints of being available for long period of time uninterupted (or can't) either stick to custom with friends, bot games or play another game (like a single player one).

Not punishing anyone ever (outside of stupid reasons), letting people that ruin 10000 times more game than people saying "gg noobs" or "easy" at the end go free and unpunished for HUNDRED of games ruining the time of thousands of players is the problem, not asking for harsher punishment.

Once again, it's not a solo game, it's a multiplayer games where others don't choose to be put with you, and can't do anything about it if you screw them, so the punishment needs to be here.

Knowing you can leave like 10/12 games in a row before getting a 24h suspension, is a problem.