Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ap Mid Tierlist Season 3 - Community Brainstorming

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1420747fbfb7e639f9e80

12-06-2012

So, I play mid for my small casual team so I am pretty excited to find out which champions will be strong if we respect the changes to League in the last patch.

Unfortunately I did not get to play the game under the new patch quite yet, so I will let you begin.
Who benefits from the new items the most? (or, if you dont play mid yourself: what is the most annoying thing to face atm?)

Thrilled to hear your opinions
Please note if you think someones up there because he always was good and especially note when it has something to do with new items and/or masteries

Mikhal

12-06-2012

I believe Cass is going to see some play again with the new items.

MortusX

12-06-2012

Diana and Ryze.

Astronautical

12-06-2012

Ryze with Muramana is crazy strong

BestBilbo

12-06-2012

Season 3: Buy Black Cleaver, no need for mages.

EDIT: For a more serious answer; when they've nerfed BC I'm very interested aswell. Ryze, Karthus, Swain, Cassiopea, even Xerath might see some play. All common picks are still viable aswell that I think that a few 'rare' or 'situational' picks might see more play :P

gimeyop

12-06-2012

tier 1: Mantheon
tier 2: Darius
tier 3: Jax
tier 4: Karma

EternitysEnvy

12-06-2012

Personally I think the strongest mid champions at the moment are Evelynn, Katarina, and Orianna. Evelynn and Katarina got buffed recently because of the return of DFG. I played Katarina, and around the 35 min mark when I had around 600 AP, this was before the return of DFG. So I guess you could say around end of Season 2, I was able to use Q>E>W on an ADC and take out 85% of their HP, even though they had a negatron cloak and around 50 MR. If I had a DFG at the time, then I would be able to 1 Combo them without my death lotus. Evelynn was pretty strong pre DFG nerf, and was banned in most games.
But, this is all my personally opinion and I'm only around the 1450 ELO range, so ehh.

FOODFOOD

12-06-2012

Until they nerf the Black Cleaver, AD Casters are making mages obsolete.

After that, though, I think Ryze is going to be a monster, and Kass might start popping up more. There are some good new mana options. That Gauntlet is awesome on Kass.

Everspace

12-06-2012

Quote:
FOODFOOD:
Until they nerf the Black Cleaver, AD Casters are making mages obsolete.

I would be wary of this mindset. AD casters are outmoding mages on the "PURE" damage role (as those assassins should).

Mages still got it beat when it comes to AoE and other tricky things like CC and DoTs.

Voidgolem

12-06-2012

Tier 1: Brand, Swain, Eve, Karthus.

Tier 2: Diana 'n Kat. Ryze.

Tier 3: Everybody else

Tier Counterpick: Super Cleaver Midgot, Talon, Pantheon.