...........Jayce :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-06-2012

I have his skin...I know his basic premise and strategy, I know Speed Gate is a team utility (I do not use it selfishly), I hit accelerated shockblasts often enough.

I know to basic attack in cannon form and then use an accelerated shockblast, then hyper charge, leap, put up the electric field, 3 autoattacks, and then knockback into whatever direction would be the best direction.

I start Cloth 5 pots and prioritize a mixture of armor, magic resist, and damage when building. I prioritize health less, however I still do get it early on, just not as much as the other items.

After getting boots I get Phage, then Sheen, then I start building a Hexdrinker but I don't finish it. I finish Trinity Force and then Hexdrinker. At this point my Cloth Armor that I bought at the start of the game has been sitting there doing nothing. What I'll build it into, and when, depends on what's going on.

21/9/0

What am I doing wrong? I love this guy but I can't do well with him. I've done well at bot (still using my tanky dps build), and I carried a game with him. I know how to play him, I know that I know, but I often go negative and rarely get to shine as him.

Thorston13

12-06-2012

What i do and it works for me with jayce is this:

Standard AD Top runes
Flat AD Marks and Quints, Flat Armor Yellows and Flat MR blues.

21/9/0 masteries

I usually would start boots + 4pots, and to the lane phase.
Phage or two d-swords for the first back.
If im doing good finish trinity or if im doing poorly go for aegis.
Finish both at the of course.

I don't really like hexdinker on jayce, i prefer going Aegis+GA for defensive stats and for damage would Trinity+ Last whisper.

Teamfights:
Pre-fight: Just poke, don't waste all your mana, but make them get hurt.
In teamfight i usually just focus whatever carry or if the support is closer, Gate-->Q--->W-->R, once in hammer form it would be Q---> E (Knock back onto your team) ---> keep hitting till R is up, the W is optional for the AoE damage, it's not much but it's still there.

I Usually take down a carry and manage to take someone else half HP before they even try to kill me, and with your team dishing damage out too, it should be all fine.

btw remember that if the enemy team composition is high on HP get two or three points early in your E and then max out Q, it works wonders because now you deal more damage with it and you can trade more evenly now.

Hope it helps =3

DaystarFire

12-06-2012

For masteries I run 9/17/4 so that I can pick up the mana regen, but you can go 21/9 or 9/21 and still do great.

As for your build i recommend boots/dorans/flask start (cloth and 5 is ok, but those are my preferences).
Then anything you need to survive your lane (hexdrinker, chain vest, upgraded boots, constant supplies of consumables, etc).
Then build a black cleaver.
If you feel threatened, build GA.
Then a black cleaver.
Then another black cleaver.
then a 4th black cleaver.
this should be good 90% of the time on almost any AD caster,
If you're getting bursted by mages you can swap out a black cleaver or GA for a maw
If you need sustain (suck as in ARAM) get a BT

Almost all the stats on black cleaver stack, which is why it's broken and I told you to build 4 (the armor reduction even applies faster the more you have. I only limit you to 4 and not 6 since at 4 you hit 40% CDR and thus there are actual better buys. just btw My friend told me that with 4 black cleavers an opponent with 100 armor will have about 20.

Guy on a bus

12-06-2012

holy mother of a dilapidated elephant... I just looked at black cleaver and by george you are right! I thought that was a unique passive.. but it's not. Looks like I'm stacking BCs next game.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-07-2012

lol cleavers

Joe10112

12-07-2012

I'm only Level 19, but I feel like I can give some tips because I enjoy playing him and am fairly decent. I would run Runes that work, with regular AD Masteries.

First thing I learn is that Jayce is VERY mana dependent. If I run solo top and get to lane late, I generally will switch to cannon, and fire a Q through the brush in top lane. If it hits someone, and he's solo, I'll switch to Cannon and use Q again dealing *Tons of Damage* and then draw back. If it doesn't hit anyone, I'll just camp brush. Focus on last hitting during laning phase. At least at my level, I will wreck Melee champions. They come too close? Poke them with cannon auto-attacks. I like to farm in cannon form. Also remember that you don't need to always use E + Q to poke someone. If they are close enough, a regular Q will still do a decent amount of damage. Main thing is trying not to run out of mana. I tend to max my skills as follow: Q- E - Q/W - W/Q (whichever I didn't take), then max Q whenever possible, then E, then save W for last. Level up Ult whenever possible of course.

I start Boots + 3 (or 4) in S2, but I have tried Longsword + 2 and it doesn't work too bad either. Maybe start Crystal Flask + Something else? (Since it gives back HP and MP which allows you to more freely use mana).

Only use your E + Q combo when you either have enough mana to spare, if you are going in for the kill (E + Q in cannon + R + Q + E in hammer = HUGE damage). You have a great disengage with your E.

Overall, I generally take boots that correspond to whoever I'm laning against (Usually Merc or Ninja Tabi). Rush Triforce, then if I want to go Pseudo-AD, I build a Bloodthirster (like I had to do one game because I was the ADC >.>), otherwise, I build him damage with a slight focus on tanky as well.

So basically: Conserve Mana, AA for pokes. Rush Triforce

Hopefully I helped you somehow! Even though I'm only Level 19, I feel like I have at least something to share

Deathlokke

12-07-2012

Black Cleaver is, in fact, a unique passive for one reason: There can only be one debuff of that type on the person at the same time. There's actually not much point in having more than one BC on the team at the same time. All that will happen with multiples is that they will stack quicker.