New Masteries are a minefield full of Noob traps.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xyltin

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkstiefel View Post
well.. i think its safe to say that the mastery tree caught at least 1 noob
Good that also a good amount if Pros think that defensive is pretty amazing. Sure they are all noobs and you beat them all.

Kr1sys

12-06-2012

I like how you didn't list pickpocket.

Garbage talent for a few of the supports out there.

VanceStubbs

12-06-2012

Then don't pick masteries.

HolyMonkee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

I think you're right in that alot of them are situational. BUT I think that was Riot's goal. They want to give us options for every fight we're in. So, if we have a specific comp we're against, or a specific strategy we're using, we have mastery options for that. So, no, it's no longer the mindless 9-21-0 or 21-9-0 builds any more. Each game you have to decide what you want/need.

Also, the numbers you're complaining about, as many people have noted, these are bloody masteries. They aren't going to be gamebreaking numbers. They are designed to work with runes/items you buy. They themselves are not enough to do anything on their own. You're right. They weren't designed to though. They are small numbers that add up but do make a difference.

I will concede that a couple of them are lackluster to others, but it's not nearly as bad as you say.

Ustulo

12-06-2012

Flat bonuses are for early game % based ones are for mid-late game.5% bonus armor and mr suck early game obviously but mid to late game when champions have 150-250+ of one if not both do they still suck? nope.Also alot of these masteries you say are useless like the xtra damage to towers or taking less from towers well you are just wrong.If I am playing lets say teemo and my entire plan is to split push and kill towers then more damage to towers is exactly what I want.Another example of a champion that could use alot of the so called useless masteries is singed.Its just about who you are using for what.Every tree has a cookie cutter this defines my role as carry/tank/support/etc in it but it also has variety for alot of the odd-ball champs that can do different things.

Duke Br0heimer

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krufix View Post
What type of tank won't have over 100 bonus armor?
You can usually end up with 200.
With 200 bonus armor, you get 10 extra armor. For 3 mastery points.

Legendary Armor is an awful, terrible and unnecessary mastery.

Voidgolem

12-06-2012

the only noob-trap masteries are Havoc, Legendary Armor, and Scout.

Everything else is fair play, even if it's just as filler points.

Gentleman Helios

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ustulo View Post
flat bonuses are for early game % based ones are for mid-late.Does 5% armor and MR suck early? yep.does 5% armor and mr suck mid-late game when you generally have over 150 of at least 1 if not 2? nope.Some masrteries are very situational and some are better for mid-late game as opposed to early game but how is that bad?Take singed for example .. you could do some really cool mastery builds with him now that would only make any sense on him.There are plently of other champions that could be really effective using some of the masteries you deemed ****..its just about how you use what champion to what purpose.
Actually you chose what is probably the worst example. Legendary armor is complete trash you basically are spending three points for 5 - 10 armor/mr late game. Juggernaut on the other hand will give you a decent chunk of health.

Ustulo

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossik View Post
Actually you chose what is probably the worst example. Legendary armor is complete trash you basically are spending three points for 5 - 10 armor/mr late game. Juggernaut on the other hand will give you a decent chunk of health.
And somehow getting both is bad?

T0ggle

12-06-2012

I felt the same way about good hands HAHAHAHAHAH WHY IS THIS HERE