The new Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helter Kremlin

12-06-2012

IS COMPLETELY FINE.

I have never needed, and still don't need, a leash for the wolves or the wraiths. Getting a leash on blue or red is very helpful, but it is NOT impossible on you own.

"Jungle mobs AREN'T Impossible to kill. No offense, but if you can't jungle cause of a simple buff to where the bigger creature is stronger and the smaller ones are weaker, then you aren't a jungler and shouldn't be in there in the first place. Just being honest." -- ME

If you feel jungle is "broken" now, please, tell me why and I'll argue with it.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

I'm in the same boat.

I main Evelynn and have been figuring out the new jungle with her since it came out. I can still clear both camps without the need to base.

Though, with a good leash I can clear both camps and gank. Possibly even clear another camp before basing after the gank.

Those complaining about the jungle just haven't given it time to set in that "Gank after each side of the jungle" Is no longer the meta.

The part I feel is screwed is that people are still reliant and whiny about you not ganking every 5 seconds.

Helter Kremlin

12-06-2012

I hear ya. It's like no one wants to take the time to actually learn the changes. The want to play it like it's old and get executed. It also seems like no one knows about the new jungling items.

ScarbowTonyGor

12-06-2012

Since I jungle all the time, I feel like I need to say something about this too.
- you can now jungle without smite, seriously, too easy
- who cares about leashing when you have team mates to damage the ancient golem/lizard elder.
- New jungle items makes easy camp clear, some AOE champs can now clear all camps in ~2 seconds

I feel like they made jungle so easy that it is disgusting because at 4 minutes mark, you will see a jungler with full buff coming out to gank you...

Ramachese

12-06-2012

The new jungle is hardly impossible. People/teams have simply not adjusted. In a game yesterday, for example, the jungler had killed both the wolves and the blue golem, with the help of two others from the team, before minions had even really started meeting on the outside lanes.

The new 'leash' system means that your team simply helps you burn down the first couple clears faster giving you a leg up on the overall jungle.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

PSE if you ever jungle without Smite against me I will promise that you will regret it. You will lose many of your buffs, and possibly die or at the least waste your flash getting away from me. I will steal both Dragons and Baron's from under your nose, and since you have no buffs your jungle will now be mine.

Junglers do not only take Smite to improve clear times, but to secure their buffs. If you don't believe me, gather a group of your 4 best players and challenge me and my friends. We'll see how your jungling goes.