Just a Question About Tear of the Goddess

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Triles Rika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

So I'm just wondering, why doesn't each tear have its own counter? Like, usually it's cause you can stack the item and it would become op or the like, but I can't see it for some reason.

The reason I'm asking is cause I was testing out the new items in a custom game -- like tens of thousands of others I suppose -- and I wanted to see both the Seraph's Embrace and Muramana, so I bought two tears and upgraded them. Didn't really think about it, but when I realized my Archangel's became a Seraph, I checked my Manamune and realized it had to go through the counter again. So I did, and it was really boring. xD

In any case, I'm just wondering why each tear share the same counter. After buying each one you already have to charge it for ten minutes, so why do you have to wait for the first to finish charging before charging another?

IS1f715232b540cb2fffcee

12-06-2012

=> Unique <= – Mana Charge: Each time you cast a spell or spend mana, your maximum mana increases by 4 (3 second cooldown). Bonus caps at +750 bonus mana.

It's to prevent the manastacking from getting out of hand and making the items way more effective than they should be. I am suprised you even can start stacking again once your manamune/archangel transformed. This way you can have 3 fully stacked items.

Triles Rika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Well, I do know it's unique. I think I phrased my question wrong. I was more wondering why manastacking would be an issue that they made the counter unique. Like, yeah, Ryze and Singed have nice stuff gong with mana, but stacking 5 Seraphs wouldn't be the best build ever. And -- at least if I remember correctly -- the old tear of goddess at least would double the rate you're getting the mana at if you bought two, simply because both were charging at the same time. Sure, you couldn't get higher than a total of 1000 mana, but it would still charge faster.

Edit: Of course, the last time I bought two tears before this update was definitely over a year ago, way over, so I could be wrong.

DarkenDragon

12-06-2012

its all a coding issue, if each item had their own counter, it would be difficult to handle especially with how the coding works

instead each champion has a copy of all the possible buffs and debuffs and counters and it just activates it or deactivates it when it is or isnt in use. this way it doesnt require a tons of checks and what not to avoid stacking issues like this.

or at least thats what im assuming is the cause cuz if I was programming this, that is how I would do it to avoid much lag and reduce the amount of processing required

Triles Rika

12-06-2012

I suppose that makes sense. Well, thanks for the replies. I'm pretty much satisfied with calling it a coding issue/latency decision.

Beaumains

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiIipz View Post
=> Unique <= Mana Charge: Each time you cast a spell or spend mana, your maximum mana increases by 4 (3 second cooldown). Bonus caps at +750 bonus mana.

It's to prevent the manastacking from getting out of hand and making the items way more effective than they should be. I am suprised you even can start stacking again once your manamune/archangel transformed. This way you can have 3 fully stacked items.
You can have 3 fully stacked items, but the only three champions who might want to consider it are Blitz, Singed, and Ryze, and then they'd have to give up some other important item to do it; probably not worth it, all things considered.

To answer the OP though, it's also to prevent someone from suddenly getting 3,000 mana all at once (ryze would get an additional 450 damage over ~6 seconds or less, Blitz would have an additional effective 1500 hp, and Singed would get 750 more hp). That is, having an additional 3000 mana is obviously something Riot doesn't see a problem with, but getting that all at the 25 minute mark is. And I agree; being able to get that kind of mana mid game would make a number of champions very difficult to deal with.