How is it possible that I enjoy supporting and hate jungling now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warkeiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Supporting no longer feels like a chore, which is good. Jungling feels like twice the chore, which is bad.

Seriously. I've always sort of hated both because they rely on your teammates not being stupid, but I've always found jungling more enjoyable because I feel like I can make a difference. Now I feel like I'm making a difference as support but feel worthless for 90% of the game if I make one mistake in the jungle.

Vozan

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warkeiser View Post
Supporting no longer feels like a chore, which is good. Jungling feels like twice the chore, which is bad.

Seriously. I've always sort of hated both because they rely on your teammates not being stupid, but I've always found jungling more enjoyable because I feel like I can make a difference. Now I feel like I'm making a difference as support but feel worthless for 90% of the game if I make one mistake in the jungle.
I think a lot of other players would actually agree with you on this matter, and Riot is noticing there is certainly some issues with the new jungle.

I have also noticed that if you make one mistake (such as dying due to a counter gank) then you are punished much more harshly now as well.

BestBilbo

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vozan View Post
I think a lot of other players would actually agree with you on this matter, and Riot is noticing there is certainly some issues with the new jungle.

I have also noticed that if you make one mistake (such as dying due to a counter gank) then you are punished much more harshly now as well.
This is exactly what Riot aimed for, they wanted to make the jungle more dangerous over-all.

There wasn't a real battle between junglers anymore, now it was more a game of: 'Who outplays the other jungler' by ganking all the time.

I like the idea of the jungle being harder, more dangerous, but they also promised more gold if AFK farming etcetera, this didn't happen.

Yep, has issues, needs changes, will get changes

Tenmar

12-06-2012

The problem I have with jungle is this.

1. Itemization for junglers WAY too expensive. Unless you get 3 kills and dedicate towards building the jungler items you will never complete them in time to actually have an impact.

2. Counter jungle punishment too harsh. Losing that early stage or even just being griefed means A LOT more now. You fall behind way too fast once this happens.

3. Tank junglers can't compete. The optimal formation of having a tank in the jungle was due to the fact that a jungler only needed the bare bones because monsters were overall easy to kill and still had enough stamina to gank. Right now? The health increase of monsters makes this a lot more difficult to the point where even with the best leash possible you can still fail.

4. Forced item purchase. Most champs except Shaco and Nunu are pretty much mandated to buy machete+5 pots. This is a major issue as even cloth+5 isn't an option anymore due to the need for that certain amount of damage output. Yes, boots were optimal but they were also a risk investment as you would want to transition to a gank once you hit level 4. AD junglers often bought cloth+5 as it was the safer best to get madreds to match the clear speed in S2.

Honestly the patch really hit that UNFUN wall. The depression Riot put players in terms of gold wasn't really needed at all. It is just really difficult now to not stop a snowball with all the changes in item cost and how inefficient they have become.

EDIT: My advice? Play an AD jungler for now and don't look back. Nocturne, GP, Xin, Master Yi, fiora. Nobody is going to expect the increased damage output when you get madreds or the lizard item.

Maha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

I've always liked Support if I have a good AD. These new changes are really nice for supports ;D

Forgiven Syn

12-06-2012

I like the idea of putting early junglers out of business IMO the jungle was just meant for getting that last little bit of gold before heading back to get some equipment not just run around in the jungle the entire game to attempt to get better equips "safely". The jungle now supports my opinion in what the jungle should be because if you are playing a 5v5 and 1 of you are out jungling you are only causing the enemy team to have a vast advantage on turret and minion kills due to the time it takes to get any sort of decent equips by the time you have your ultimate.

Bad Luck Braum

12-06-2012

I have noticed if you die while jungling and stick to your jungling you CAN Catch up to the jungler who spent their whole time ganking maybe a little more successfully than you might think.

Granted not gold wise but level wise. And that can be the game winner right there. If you can keep up in level than you can still have a good influence with ults and other abilities, The difference between level 11 and level 10 is HUGE. HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUUUUUUUU GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!1!!1!!!1!!ONE!ONE!ONE!!!!!!! ELEVENTY111111111!

batchynator

12-06-2012

The new jungle is perfectly fine.

PeekingDuck72

12-06-2012

Yea jungling is alot harder you also need to get off ganks to be well off on farm.

OneBigBugga

Master Recruiter

12-06-2012

Simple. support has gotten a TON or new options to play with, not having to be gold starved, not having to build the same items constantly, Sight stones help keep ward cost down. So much more to do. Jungle has been hit pretty hard... Riot honestly not only missed the mark jungling, but fed it up to the point it is a nerf now.