@Riot - Solo Q Entitlement CANCER

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phonike the 2nd

12-06-2012

I have posted about this many times before but today I encountered the epitome of what I hate about ranked solo Q. I get in lobby and we have ok picks. Not great 2 people call mid, but no fights in lobby so I assume some1 decides to go top. Then we get in to the game. One of the players is literally named Solo AP Mid or im AFK (Not exact spelling). No they both go mid and then since neither backed down one decides to start feeding and then both afk.

Why is there nothing to deal with pregame misbehavior?

Why doesn't intentional feeding result in swift ranked que ban? 3-Strike Rule = Banned for a Season?

Why so often is the rest of my team held hostage by 1 player? I dodge and get a 30+min que ban and he gets to do the same thing to another team just because he doesn't get his way?

This happens entirely too often and climbing elo is hard enough as it is the community cancer needs to be severed from ranked que much more liberally.

1.Please add a report function specifically for lobby misbehavior.
2.Ranked que misbehavior should be not be as tolerant as normal que. Ranked que should be a privilege only allowed for consistently considerate well behaved players

Vozan

12-06-2012

I completely agree with your final point, but only your final point, I feel there are many problems with ranked, but few of them can be fixed without creating more problems.

With that said however, I see very few issues with your final bolded point, and I completely agree with you on it.

Phonike the 2nd

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vozan View Post
I completely agree with your final point, but only your final point, I feel there are many problems with ranked, but few of them can be fixed without creating more problems.

With that said however, I see very few issues with your final bolded point, and I completely agree with you on it.
Elaborate my high elo bro

ploki122

12-06-2012

why does my graves want to aim for end-game against twitch and build zephyr + black cleaver?

IronyOwl

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonike the 2nd View Post
Ranked que should be a privilege only allowed for consistently considerate behaved players
Well, go on. Explain why? That's kind of important, you know.

Phonike the 2nd

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
why does my graves want to aim for end-game against twitch and build zephyr + black cleaver?
This post is not about skill or strategy. People that are bad at the game are not my concern.It is only aimed at those that feel entitled to get what they want and if you don't give it to them they sabotage the team and hand out your elo and play it off in game like they have done nothing wrong.

Vozan

12-06-2012

Quote:
Elaborate my high elo bro
Particularily "Why doesn't intentionally feeding get an ban for at least a season".

Intentionally feeding is one of the worst, most childish things you can possibly do in this game. I absolutely feel it deserves a harsh ban ASAP.

I don't however agree that intentionally feeding should result in a ban for a season, that's pretty ridiculous.

Imagine some guy, John, has had a rough week, he had to deal with the death of a close family member, marital troubles, and his job isn't looking very good either. He then has some spare time, and decides to play a game of league of legends (silly of him, but who can blame a guy for wanting to escape), he dies twice in lane due to poor playing, because he accidentally misplayed. 2 of his allies start verbally abusing him harshly, and he decides that he can't take it, and intentionally feeds due to extreme rage and stress buildup.

Does one incident of intentionally feeding really merit a full season ban?

People act out of character from time to time in harsh environments, and I don't think a person should be punished quite that harshly for something which could be the most rare of occurances. For all we know "John" could have been an extremely kind player any other day of the year. Sometimes, even the best of people hit their breaking point.

Phonike the 2nd

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronyOwl View Post
Well, go on. Explain why? That's kind of important, you know.
If you can't agree to cooperate and sacrifice to do what's best for the collective team then there is no point in ranked competitive gameplay. I thought that was self explanatory.

Phonike the 2nd

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vozan View Post
Particularily "Why doesn't intentionally feeding get an ban for at least a season".

Intentionally feeding is one of the worst, most childish things you can possibly do in this game. I absolutely feel it deserves a harsh ban ASAP.

I don't however agree that intentionally feeding should result in a ban for a season, that's pretty ridiculous.

Imagine some guy, John, has had a rough week, he had to deal with the death of a close family member, marital troubles, and his job isn't looking very good either. He then has some spare time, and decides to play a game of league of legends (silly of him, but who can blame a guy for wanting to escape), he dies twice in lane due to poor playing, because he accidentally misplayed. 2 of his allies start verbally abusing him harshly, and he decides that he can't take it, and intentionally feeds due to extreme rage and stress buildup.

Does one incident of intentionally feeding really merit a full season ban?
Honestly don't know where to draw the line in that situation. Perhaps a 3-strike rule would be more fitting.

Vozan

12-06-2012

Quote:
Honestly don't know where to draw the line in that situation.
I think that's actually the only issue I had with your post, other than that it seemed okay for the most part, and I agree with most of your points.

No one should ever put things in the world in black and white, the world isn't that simple. People have to learn to accept and love the golden gift of grey.