Sightstone removing counterwarding?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dewtrocity

12-06-2012

So before as a Support I would like to get a Vision Ward or Oracle and clear out the enemies wards around important locations, especially in the early game, I would do this as a Jungler sometimes as well. Now with the new Sightstone it is kind of pointless because now when you clear their ward they can just put up a new one for free... so it basically gets rid of a very interesting and fun strategy to the game which kind of sucks :/ Oh and also killing wards is worth next to nothing now which removes the other reason for it.

Dewtrocity

12-06-2012

Bump.

Firrox

12-06-2012

Free 25 every time they plant? It's 700g for the stone, so it isn't free. oracles could actually get paid off due to the stone.

Postal Miku

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewtrocity View Post
So before as a Support I would like to get a Vision Ward or Oracle and clear out the enemies wards around important locations, especially in the early game, I would do this as a Jungler sometimes as well. Now with the new Sightstone it is kind of pointless because now when you clear their ward they can just put up a new one for free... so it basically gets rid of a very interesting and fun strategy to the game which kind of sucks :/ Oh and also killing wards is worth next to nothing now which removes the other reason for it.
I often pack a pink ward towards the 10 minute mark when playing Sona, it allows me to take out their sightstone wards and leaves my jungler free to gank

Dewtrocity

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firrox View Post
Free 25 every time they plant? It's 700g for the stone, so it isn't free. oracles could actually get paid off due to the stone.
You get 10 gold for a ward kill...

Firrox

12-06-2012

Quote:
Is it just the wards from sight stone? or did they nerf it in this patch? Cause it used to be 25.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Since when?

Dewtrocity

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightNooblar View Post
Since when?
The patch...

WRLRD Strife

12-06-2012

I like it. Also junglers had a free ward from Wriggles so it is pretty much the same thing just with a different price and affects. I don't know about you but it really seems to me that all the new items are geared to speeding up game play anyway. So this would include always going back to base and blowing money on wards but never being able to get gear.

FrostAU

12-06-2012

If you drop a pink ward and kill their sightward and they drop another one... you, guess what, kill it again.

You make gold off of ward kills, before long, your pink ward will have paid for itself if they keep it up.