Is there a way to get back elo : afk 30% time in my loss games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheLegendSubZer0

12-05-2012

Like is there a way to get back elo when you lose games and people don't even connect in the game. I'm a bit shock at the moment because i have never heard that riot did something to fix or stop game when its a 3vs5 or 4vs5. I mean i know i won some games 5vs4 but like 2-3...and this season i have lost like 15 games or more with afks. It's 30% of my loss game...I'm asking is there a way that Riot can see history game i did this season and take back the elo i did from win with afk and give back elo i loss from afk. This kind of suck..

Sorry if i'm not good in english guys.

MacaroniPenguin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

The problem with this idea, which has been passed around from time to time here, is that your teamates could easily just leave at the last minute to keep everyone from losing the elo. So the point being it would be very exploitable.

anAmishLady

12-05-2012

Not at the moment. You'll just have to deal with it like the rest of us... Win your 5v4s, and have some fun with the 4v5s. See if you can pull ahead enough for an early win. It's possible, but you have to be quick. If a win simply won't happen, then troll. How often do you get to do crazy sh*t in ranked? XD Challenge the enemy to catch you on your way to their fountain, or ask if their support wants to 1v1 at Dragon. Who knows, maybe they'll turn it into a 5 minute dance party. Don't spend your time stressing to 20 minutes.

Although your system would ameliorate the problem to some extent, it could also be abused. If you're losing, for instance, your team could harass a player into afking in order to save some elo. A foolproof -- or nearly foolproof -- system would be very complex, and it's simply not likely to be on Riot's list of priorities at the moment.

Here's to hoping they come up with something, though.

TheLegendSubZer0

12-05-2012

No i'm saying afk from the beggining of the game like when the game start they are already afk...should be a rule like <2mins or something....

anAmishLady

12-05-2012

Aw. He said part of what I said while I was typing. :/

TheLegendSubZer0

12-05-2012

Well if a riot's moderator see that can i get a clear answer pls !

anAmishLady

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendSubZer0 View Post
No i'm saying afk from the beggining of the game like when the game start they are already afk...should be a rule like <2mins or something....
This is a possibility, but a spontaneous afk at any point in the game can screw your game just as badly as one at 2 minutes in. You would want elo compensation for one at 15, 25, or 40 minutes in, too, wouldn't you?

Or the enemy could get incredibly fed and be dominating you at 25 minutes with no afks, so you could just have someone afk to save your team some elo. The two situations look very similar in the data. Riot would create an inevitably imperfect system that would distinguish between the two 95% of the time, and people would just complain about it when it messes up...

People will always find something to complain about...

TheLegendSubZer0

12-05-2012

Man if you dont read all the quotes properly don't answer...pls lol. I'm saying only for afk at the start and <2mins....what in that you don't understand?

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

If the AFK'ers are most often on your team, then the common factor is you. Perhaps you are the reason they are leaving?

TheLegendSubZer0

12-05-2012

Guys wtf is wrong ...THEY don't even connect !!!!!!