Talk; Volibear (Post Patch)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Hammerlock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-05-2012

Hello my fellow gentlesirs and gentlemams.

Speaking of Volibear, these new items...

Most important to point out; Iceborn Gauntlet, Spirit Visage, Furor!

Iceborn Gauntlet
This item... is almost personally-tailored to Volibear: Attack Speed, Mana, Armor, CDR, Passive + Q, Slow + W, and it synergizes so perfectly with his general aesthetic.

Spirit Visage
Originally, this item really wasn't that great. It's passive only amplified Volibear's passive by about 186 HP (@4k+ HP), and didn't provide that great of stats. However, it's recent buff with more MR, CDR and the passive make it just so much better - and replaces FoN (as Iceborn replaced FH in some scenarios.)

Furor
Furor and Iceborn together, are probably the most amazing thing Volibear could have ever wanted. Increased movement speed on-hit, and slow on-hit, in addition to his already-present AoE slow/fear.

Spirit of the Ancient Golem
This item not only stops him from having serious mana problems later on - but makes him no longer pigeonholed in to building Mercury's Treads every single game! ~LostLaneWonGame

I haven't tried out every new item build, or paths, but I've been building a few different things according to the team / damage / tankyness I'm facing. So far, it seems like Volibear might make a new, grand comeback, and not only on top lane! But the Jangle too!

tl;dr - Volibear will eventually be a fotm, imo.

LostLaneWonGame

12-05-2012

Spirit of Ancient Golem: say goodbye to being pigeonholed into building mercs every single game.

Legally Blind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

I still don't know how an armored bear was accepted into the league.. But yes. This will be really fun.

Sir Hammerlock

Recruiter

12-06-2012

Bump