Why is the wait time after dodging a ranked game so long?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lil Poo Nug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-11-2012

I'm just curious as to the rationalization for giving us such long wait times for dodging a ranked game. For example, I just had to dodge a second game in order to save myself from yet another game where two players announced their intent to purposefully lose our game. I now have a wait time of 1 hour. Why am I being punished? I suppose waiting 1 hour is the lesser of two evils with the greater evil being a guaranteed loss, but regardless 1 hour seems excessive. No longer losing elo for dodging ranked games was a fantastic update, but the dramatically increased wait time simply seems absurd.

supeRapasaurusRx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

The wait times are absolutely ridiculous, its breaking the game.

MilkAndCookies08

08-11-2012

I couldn't agree more. In a similar situation, I'm forced to play through games where our first picker decides to play an obvious top lane like darius, and expects not to get counter picked. There are situations where you cannot play through the game unless you want to donate your ELO. How is it fair that you have to wait the length of a full game to dodge an inevitable loss? This REALLY needs to be given some thought, I am extremely disappointed in whoever came up with this ridiculously unreasonable idea. This pigeon-holes the player into playing an unfair game knowing he will lose. I mean considering the fact that this game doesn't allow you to quit and is capable of taking up 30-45 minutes of your life for one match ..... you should at least be able to opt out of a crappy one before it starts WITHOUT having to wait 30 - 60 minutes. I don't want to get trolled. Is that so wrong?

FateEye

08-13-2012

30 min wait, just ends up me playing another game and not coming back till another day....

Gallagis

10-15-2012

I don't mind a 30 minute wait, I just go do something else and the time quickly passes...but an hour wait... kind of unreasonable.

SorrowSower

10-17-2012

How long before you realize that you encourage trolling with wait times like this, Riot?

Blight Master

10-17-2012

Take it down to 5 minutes like normal dodging.

GeeSmackJoeyPads

11-14-2012

one dodge to avoid an obvious troll (poppy mid with clarvoyance and surge) and i have to wait an hour. the guys name was trollsomething on top of that. like really. make it 5 min for the first like norms and ramp it up with each additional one.

so dumb

agarenalomeo

12-05-2012

I agree with almost all posts here. If im force to dodge i will play i game per day top :S. Makes no sense at all, 20 mins would be fair, 1 hour its just crazy

Crazeh Fruit

12-05-2012

I agree.

Especially for us still struggling to get out of the lower ELO.