Unique idea to solve call/pick order

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZetaVoid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2013

I got this idea from WoW, what if you could queue for roles like top, mid, bottom, jungle, and support when you queue for a game? That way its not about who calls first and there are no disputes over the champions that get picked. I think this would work really well.
Because so few people would pick less desired roles like support, people who do choose those roles would get into games faster than those people who only choose to queue for top because everyone wants top there will be too many tops in queue and not enough games to put them in.
This will solve the problem I'm sure.
Thank you for your time.

shaGuar

04-15-2013

Far from unique...

This has been brought up since season 2

DestructoDave

04-15-2013

Heres a protip.

Dont be a ******. Realize if you are 4/5th pick, you might have to fill. Get some support champs, a good jungler or 2, and the odd chance you dont actually get the role you call, you fill!

Its magic how that works. Not only that, you might actually win a game, since you arent exactly lighting up the ladders down in bronze and silver, so getting mid/top might not even be the best thing you could do to win the game.

coeriv

04-15-2013

would enforce meta
wait forever for support
people pick something else anyways

What did i miss from other forums?

ThisNameDoesntFi

04-15-2013

Riot doesn't want to enforce they meta, this would effectively enforce it. so no.

SuliX

04-15-2013

All stars enforce the meta.

Paso

04-15-2013

At the rate this is going, there'lll be more of these threads than there will active players. *activate done to death response to waste of time thread mode* "This isn't WoW, we all know how bad WoW dungeon finder is to the point they had to actually have enticing rewards like bags that can drop any impossibly hard to get pet or mount to get more tanks and healers to queue,, we don't want instant support queue's and hour long Mid/Top queues, Riot doesnt want to enforce a particular meta , as this kills any adaptivity, counterpicking or growth , making the game dull and boring , people could just queue as support and play anyone, toxicity, clutter, " did i cover all the arguments?

/echo

AnathemaMonstrum

04-15-2013

What would stop people from Qing support, but picking something else anyway?

ZetaVoid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnathemaMonstrum View Post
What would stop people from Qing support, but picking something else anyway?
The feeling of wrongdoing?