@Morello - Quick Thought About Ashe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FabulousOrix

04-15-2013

Hey everyone!

The past few days I've been playing Ashe as an ADC and Support (Let's have fun, shall we?) and reading some comments about her here on the GD. I am no expert in balance issues or anything, so if I could get some insight on it I'd appreciate it!

Anyways, back on track!

What I've been thinking is about Ashe's 'Q' , Frost Shot and how it could be fun (In my theory) to have it scale with AP. Maybe ~0.2 AP each time you fire the Frost Shot.

Consequently Volley could be changed to have each arrow deal that amount of Magical Damage (as well as Physical Damage, for those who prefer to play Ashe as an ADC).

The thought would be to have each Volley Arrow deal damage on it's own, being able to hit the same target multiple times (possibly with diminishing returns making the first arrow to hit deal, let's say, 40/50/60/70/80 (+1.0 per attack damage) (+0.2 per ability power) damage and every other arrow hit deal consecutively 10% less damage up to 50%)

Since Ashe has no escape mechanisms that could be something to think about before jumping all over her face, since she could hit if not all, most of her arrows, dealing great amount of damage.

My guess is that this could leave her open to so many different builds and roles, maybe going MID as AP, BOT as an ADC or even Support.

I'm sure you guys have thought about it and I'm probably not the first one to suggest this.
I'd like to know if that's something you guys are considering, or have considered doing in the past and what would the implications of it be.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the amateurish post with nothing more than text, I'm quite bad at it, heh.

FabulousOrix

04-15-2013

Bump for curiosity!

FabulousOrix

04-15-2013

Guess the thread will die. I am fabulously sad.

Morello

Lead Designer

04-15-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

The mechanic you're speaking about is present in Graves' Buckshot - which takes a similar approach to how you suggest we buff Volley on Ashe.

The thing is, with Ashe, I think that encourages you to get close and "shotgun" or punishes people who get to you (the counter to Ashe overall). I think it doesn't match with her play pattern or strengths/weaknesses, though it would feel good.

de Dust

04-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The mechanic you're speaking about is present in Graves' Buckshot - which takes a similar approach to how you suggest we buff Volley on Ashe.

The thing is, with Ashe, I think that encourages you to get close and "shotgun" or punishes people who get to you (the counter to Ashe overall). I think it doesn't match with her play pattern or strengths/weaknesses, though it would feel good.
Well, her new lore update said she killed her aggressors with one frost volley...

It's already in the lore, Morello, hotfix it

Morello

Lead Designer

04-15-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquadust1 View Post
Well, her new lore update said she killed her aggressors with one frost volley...

It's already in the lore, Morello, hotfix it
What you didn't know is they all had 1 HP left

GreenThunda

04-15-2013

Quote:

In contrast it would feel awful whenever it wasn't max range.

Graves feels good to buckshot because his entire kit is about that "dash in and damage" moment.

A buckshot volley would just make Ashe feel like you're missing out on her amazing range

Morello

Lead Designer

04-15-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThunda View Post
In contrast it would feel awful whenever it wasn't max range.

Graves feels good to buckshot because his entire kit is about that "dash in and damage" moment.

A buckshot volley would just make Ashe feel like you're missing out on her amazing range
Correct!

GreenThunda

04-15-2013

Quote:
What you didn't know is they all had 1 HP left
Lies! As an Ashe main I can tell you they could have had up to 150 HP

Zerglinator

04-15-2013

Clearly, Ashe should be the opposite of Graves. Each arrow does max range Nidalee spear damage. If you get hit by multiple arrows, they heal the enemy for some of the damage they took from the first arrow. That makes sense, right?