Tribunal Ranking = Harder Cases?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pratz Strike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

So my first 150-200 cases or so were actually pretty simple. Every so often I had to stop and read over what was going on, but for the most part I can just scan for f*** or n****r or useless or noob or some other word, or see if they left the game (leaving is STILL PUNISHABLE, LeaverBuster or not). A couple days ago, though, I broke into the rankings, topping out around #836. In the days since then, at least half the cases that've come across the line for me have been... complex. I've had to read and re-read and re-re-read every one of the games in multiple cases, and then go with my gut as to whether I'd want to play with someone like that, or if (in a couple cases) I couldn't find any solid evidence as to whether the reported player was just bad or actually being a wang smoker.

For instance, I pardoned one guy who had 9300g but no items in 1 of 3 games. He was relatively decent in the other two, and I had to give him the benefit of the doubt that he was going to do something of use with his money before he threw his stuff away. Or maybe he just went to dump his build at the end when he died. Noone said anything about him not having any items ingame, so it could've been a last second thing. I had a bunch of cases like this pop up, but this was the most difficult one. And again, if I got it wrong, he'll show back up in the Tribunal.

This leads me to two theories. One, cases presented to ranked Tribunal members are considerably harder than normal cases. Two, the constant weeding-out of bad players is presenting the overall Tribunal with more difficult cases. I'd like to hear from other ranked members, and see what they have to say.

Sakuri Ono

11-13-2012

I think it's just perception mixing with 'skill'. You've improved your skill at judging over many cases so now you're starting to see more 'Grey Areas' and thus are giving it more thought; leading you to think the cases are generally getting more difficult.

I find the difficulty to be random. Last couple of night was pretty much a round of mostly auto-punishes within less than a minute; tonight I had at least 3 I had to mull over for 5+ minutes and hordes of cases in languages other than my own. If there's a correlation between Ranking and Case Difficulty I have yet to see it.

Tsugaga

11-13-2012

I really agree with you here, I am just under 500 and have to review cases pretty closely. Pretty sure it might be mostly coincidence, since there is no way for the tribunal to rank case difficulty unless it factors in more things than usual such as how reliable the reports are or maybe gives cases for those who have a first time tribunal case.

SoresuMakashi

11-13-2012

I don't feel like this is happening ATM.

It's a decent idea though, maybe Riot could look into implementing a feature that causes highly contested cases to be directed to more experienced Tribunal judges.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Nah. I had a really easy day yesterday, and today I had a rough one. It's just random.

Edit: Yes, I'm ranked, if that matters.

TheChosenZygote

11-14-2012

Harder cases should go to higher ranked judges since they have more experience and are able to distinguish hate and trolling from being playful or just having a bad game.

Beach Rock

11-16-2012

Im on my 200+ case right now and I have been getting a lot of 5 reports for 5 different games (1 report per game), for a while now actually and the case(s) itself is hard to determine if they should/shouldn't be punished, the cases I seem to get feel like the person is between borderline rude and punishable but they don't go into the rage or flame category but are very close to it.
Hope im not off topic but the cases I have been getting are hard for me to decide now days.

ashtray4joo

11-16-2012

Beach Rock has ran into the same thing I am having to deal with right now.

Emailsupport7346

11-16-2012

The more you punish the higher your rating will be.

This would result in more punished cases, as cases that are borderline (no clear majority within the first voters) would be forwarded to the hard-punishing highranks.

Tbird

11-16-2012

I don't know I've always read the cases pretty closely because I do not look for one key word or what have you to punish. I don't care what people say it is how they say it. I have noticed a slight shift to more borderline cases being presented, however, and I would attribute that to just the overall awareness that Riot has done with the Tribunal. Before people probably did not bother to report most of the time because they did not figure it made a difference. Now people are reporting for more and more reasons because they know that it could eventually lead to something. I personally think this is a bad thing. I mean the argument has always been that it takes a lot of reports to even get into the tribunal but if the total number of reports increases then more and more undeserving people will end up here and that is the last thing we want to see.