Sami, the Mechromancer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkzero1 View Post
personally i think it would be hilarious to play her and watch stupid players try to take out the pets before taking her out. good job. would love to work with you on champion concepts.
Precisely. She's got a lot of strength behind her, but for all her perks, she lacks any direct means to getting opponents off of her. No escape, no cc, and no burst. Any competent assassin could take her out in an instant, and she needs some protection in teamfights in order to keep her damage up.

On the plus side, she's got crazy good sustain and damage per second, and the ability to manage so many troops could be invaluable in the right hands. I can see all sorts of bizarre strategies arising around her, including AD carry Sami, who completely turns everyone's expectations on their heads and uses her drones as distractions to her true strength.

That'd be hilarious.

Ouroborous HD

01-15-2013

any chance we could work on concepts together i already got another person making us a duo concept team but a trio would work better.

Lexinus

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
See, it's comments like this that piss me off. What other champion does what she does? Seriously, what other champion summons up to four pets that are 100% controllable, and are their only abilities? None. That's how many.
He said chosen name. Realize this idea has probably been around since before Nami came out, but Nami was released as an official champ and this is just a concept. Not that it matters. Just curious, do you pronounce it Say-mee? or Sam-eeh? I love the concept and I got no criticism. Understand why you're upset when people come in and try to change your champ since it's your baby OH BTW! Love the art. Gj on that.

Nah I'm just kiddin'. Know it's not yours. If this is gonna be a real champ shes obv gotta be wearing revealing clothings. xD JK.

DarkLordYami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

one interesting thing i could possibly add to this, with the hopes that it wouldnt be too outlandish or overpowered is that when she dies, her drones freak out and chase after enemies before exploding, dealing damage and maybe a side effect depending on which drone it was

The5lacker

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordYami View Post
one interesting thing i could possibly add to this, with the hopes that it wouldnt be too outlandish or overpowered is that when she dies, her drones freak out and chase after enemies before exploding, dealing damage and maybe a side effect depending on which drone it was
Nah, I'd have to fit that as her passive, which would undo her current passive. Plus, I want to encourage people to be smart about targeting HER rather than the drones.

DarkLordYami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Quote:
Nah, I'd have to fit that as her passive, which would undo her current passive. Plus, I want to encourage people to be smart about targeting HER rather than the drones.
could be worked into each drone's spell. Also, it would mean her drones cant continuously deal damage or be commanded, On the other side, having her titan do something like that wouldn't be as practical. I can see both sides of the argument, and since you are the creator, you get final say.

Lexinus

01-15-2013

Quote:
Another interesting concept would be (Totally different than the current passive, just an idea) The more drones you have out, the stronger her shield becomes, then you could work in the frenzy upon death thing. All in all, your champ concept is really fleshed out.

The5lacker

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexinus View Post
Another interesting concept would be (Totally different than the current passive, just an idea) The more drones you have out, the stronger her shield becomes, then you could work in the frenzy upon death thing. All in all, your champ concept is really fleshed out.
I initially toyed with that idea, to be honest. Could never get it to work quite right, though, because, well, that made her even MORE vulnerable when her drones are down. I think giving her a passive, highly sustainable shield gives her a couple of things she desperately needs, such as an escape buffer, and as a way to maintain her drones without dealing with re-summoning them or giving them their own regen, which would require pretty irritating balancing to be honest. Too quick, and they'll be OP, too slow, and it might as not exist. As is, the healing scaling on level keeps her drones healthy, so long as they're next to her.

PhoenixGan

01-15-2013

Once again, you've put out a concept that I would gladly pay money for.

I love the idea of champions that have minions under their command, and can pick and choose who they want to kill with said minions. It really brings out the more strategic side of people, until you get so fed that you spam your bots, summon Titan, and roll face :P I've been really wanting to see a champion like this, a more controlled version of Yorick. I mean, I love his ghouls and all, but I hate how you can't do anything with them.

My only complaint though, is she has no real escape mechanic. She does have her shield buffer, but at early levels, that won't be enough to really save your life against good laners and junglers. The harass from her bots would be enough to deter most people, but she has no real CC, and I can see how that would make her ridiculously strong, but it's just a personal preference. I'm pretty sure, that there are a veery select few champions that don't have any sort of CC, (Katarina), but overall, i'd love to get a chance to actually play her!

Keep up the great work, and I'd love to work on a champion with you sometime, it'd be an honor

Good Job ^_^

(oh, and not to be nitpicky, but

Quote:
(Effected by cooldown reduction)
...it should be Affected ^_^)

The5lacker

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixGan View Post
(oh, and not to be nitpicky, but ...it should be Affected ^_^)
BAMP! Incorrect my good sir!
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/effected?s=t
Effected's root word is effect, and cooldown reduction is an effect, not an affect.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Affected?s=t
Affect has more to do with emotion and influence, while effect is direct correlation.