Sami, the Mechromancer

12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dzanio

12-18-2012

Passive, yay Vi, everyone loves a good facetank

Q, Yay Zyra except you have to facetank

W, I assume the secondary aoe is an on second activation effect? Might want to label it as such, also it sounds like a dot from the "over 4 seconds" in which case you should probably list the damage per tick. I also think this does a little too much damage

E, I assume the plus "x" damage is from triggering the mark with the recast, otherwise the base damage is way too high. Considering the ability does a ton of base damage plus extra damage from consuming the mark, and provides AOE cc it doesn't need double damage on the recast, and could use a small damage nerf besides. I also don't like the physical damage, riot has been shifting towards having champions be all of one type for season 3 and anyways, physical damage usually scales off AD not AP

R, Static Crusher is OP if you put all your points into that stat, highly reccommend you cap the number of charges which can be put into an individual ability (honestly I'd just rework the ability to scale off the points to allocate to Sami's Q, W, and E). Titan is a little slow considering that Sami only has the 1 cc. Steel Barrage on its own is underpowered, the titan needs to have an ability which lets its autoattacks scale off AP to capitalize on it. The Piercing Bolt ability would hurt a lot more if it added % AP damage to the auto attacks, currently underwhelming. Personally I like melee summons better, this has the potential to be super Zyra, and Zyra's already been the target of nerfs.

The5lacker

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
Passive, yay Vi, everyone loves a good facetank

Q, Yay Zyra except you have to facetank

W, I assume the secondary aoe is an on second activation effect? Might want to label it as such, also it sounds like a dot from the "over 4 seconds" in which case you should probably list the damage per tick. I also think this does a little too much damage

E, I assume the plus "x" damage is from triggering the mark with the recast, otherwise the base damage is way too high. Considering the ability does a ton of base damage plus extra damage from consuming the mark, and provides AOE cc it doesn't need double damage on the recast, and could use a small damage nerf besides. I also don't like the physical damage, riot has been shifting towards having champions be all of one type for season 3 and anyways, physical damage usually scales off AD not AP

R, Static Crusher is OP if you put all your points into that stat, highly reccommend you cap the number of charges which can be put into an individual ability (honestly I'd just rework the ability to scale off the points to allocate to Sami's Q, W, and E). Titan is a little slow considering that Sami only has the 1 cc. Steel Barrage on its own is underpowered, the titan needs to have an ability which lets its autoattacks scale off AP to capitalize on it. The Piercing Bolt ability would hurt a lot more if it added % AP damage to the auto attacks, currently underwhelming. Personally I like melee summons better, this has the potential to be super Zyra, and Zyra's already been the target of nerfs.
Oh woe unto you, posting as I was doing a total rework. Sorry 'bout that. Check it again, she's much more pet focused, and behaves quite a bit differently.

Good lord, it's almost like she's an RTS character now. XD

Utsuho

12-18-2012

I like it! She looks like she would be a good champ.

The5lacker

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuho View Post
I like it! She looks like she would be a good champ.
Thanks. Slowly tweaking numbers to make her more viable while keeping her balanced.

Dzanio

12-18-2012

Passive: Supah Heimerdinger/Morde. A constantly regenerating shield is too much, there's no possiblity of counterplay like w/ malphite. The regen from the passive is a lot more than heimer's; doesn't affect as much, but it's on the scale of Mundo's self regen from his ult in an aoe. WAY TOO MUCH.

Rest of the abilities do too much damage, move too fast base, and have too much health. I'm not going to go through the specifics now because I'd be writing a 3 page dissertation, but the base health needs to be cut in half, and the AP scaling should be significantly less. I also suggest having stats like base movespeed start fairly low, then increase as points are allocated.

Also, realize that each of her pets' healthbars is effective hp for herself, so w/o any health/tank items she has like 10000 ehp, with a passive which gives massive aoe regen, and the abilities are on really short cds for the benefits they grant (w/ cdr they go down to 18 secs, and should probably be more like a minute after cdr given their rediculous stats).

I would be happy to give a more in depth review when you give me something that is close enought o balanced I can actually review it.

My suggestion for a rework; only have one pet out at a time, maybe w/ ult up can deploy all drones for a limited time. Make the drones last at most 5 seconds before they auto destruct. Reduce the cds to account for not having 5 ultimates.

The5lacker

12-18-2012

Quote:
Passive: Supah Heimerdinger/Morde. A constantly regenerating shield is too much, there's no possiblity of counterplay like w/ malphite. The regen from the passive is a lot more than heimer's; doesn't affect as much, but it's on the scale of Mundo's self regen from his ult in an aoe. WAY TOO MUCH.

Rest of the abilities do too much damage, move too fast base, and have too much health. I'm not going to go through the specifics now because I'd be writing a 3 page dissertation, but the base health needs to be cut in half, and the AP scaling should be significantly less. I also suggest having stats like base movespeed start fairly low, then increase as points are allocated.

Also, realize that each of her pets' healthbars is effective hp for herself, so w/o any health/tank items she has like 10000 ehp, with a passive which gives massive aoe regen, and the abilities are on really short cds for the benefits they grant (w/ cdr they go down to 18 secs, and should probably be more like a minute after cdr given their rediculous stats).

I would be happy to give a more in depth review when you give me something that is close enought o balanced I can actually review it.

My suggestion for a rework; only have one pet out at a time, maybe w/ ult up can deploy all drones for a limited time. Make the drones last at most 5 seconds before they auto destruct. Reduce the cds to account for not having 4 ultimates.
Each pet is a healthbar for her? How are you even remotely getting that? They're pets. You focus her and she goes down, and fast. Even with her shield, she's very vulnerable to focus fire, and can't make great use of a lot of items due to her bizarre kit.

Sami's core concept is that she can control four pets at once. That's what she does. Limiting it to one at a time would be phenomenally boring. I made her with the idea that preparation and tactics are key. While the AI in LoL isn't bad by any means, she's going to have to manually control not one, but five separate characters. Anyone who can manage that deserves the power she can wield.

Keep in mind, she has NO direct ways of damaging players. She has her pets. That's it. No skillshots, no spells, and won't be building any attack damage unless you're insane for some reason. Her shield is really the only thing going for her if she gets caught without a drone near her. But if she keeps her drones to herself, she's not going to be terribly potent in teamfights.

In addition, if one of her pets (Which aren't nearly as strong as you make them out to be) are killed, she has half a minute (18 seconds minimum) before she can drop another one. That's 18 seconds wherein she's down by 33%. Especially early game, she's very vulnerable for this very reason.

Dzanio

12-18-2012

Your champion has 5 ultimates in their kit. They're all tanky enough that they can do damage and be controlled while She stays safely in the back (they have no max range), even if she does come out they do so much damage she can safely 1 v 5 an enemy team in the time she's invulnerable during zhonya's. This is assuming you don't play spawn Sami, and dominate the game without ever leaving base. She scales increadibly well off of AP, I don't know what you're talking about, most AP items are overpowered on her. If you like 4 pets at once that should be limited duration, as it is they are rediculously OP compared to other pets, even ultimates like Tibbers or Mordekaiser's clone.

You fail to realize how overpowered sustained damage output AP users are. Ryze, Cass, and Zyra all are designed for similar extended battles, but don't get 10,000 free hp, nor the range and safety this kit provides. It's a really really poorly balanced kit.

The5lacker

12-18-2012

Quote:
Your champion has 5 ultimates in their kit. They're all tanky enough that they can do damage and be controlled while She stays safely in the back (they have no max range), even if she does come out they do so much damage she can safely 1 v 5 an enemy team in the time she's invulnerable during zhonya's. This is assuming you don't play spawn Sami, and dominate the game without ever leaving base. She scales increadibly well off of AP, I don't know what you're talking about, most AP items are overpowered on her. If you like 4 pets at once that should be limited duration, as it is they are rediculously OP compared to other pets, even ultimates like Tibbers or Mordekaiser's clone.

You fail to realize how overpowered sustained damage output AP users are. Ryze, Cass, and Zyra all are designed for similar extended battles, but don't get 10,000 free hp, nor the range and safety this kit provides. It's a really really poorly balanced kit.
I'm going to have to ask you to reread (and recount). One, she has 4 abilities. 3 of which are basic and generate a pet and one which is ultimate and generates a pet. Two, they do have a max range. 1000. I put that in there JUST for such a reason. Third, if she goes into Zhonya's, then yes, she'll be invulnerable. And her pets can still be targeted. And her pets have phenomenally low resistances. And then when she leaves Zhonya's, suddenly, she has NO offensive power. That's not a good place for a mage to be.

Again with the 10,000 bonus health line. You're wrong. You're so wrong, I can't even begin to comprehend your thought process. Allow me to explain something for you: You do not have to kill all of a champion's pets to kill a champion. All it takes is one competent assassin, or even just a bruiser to push through her absolute lack of CC, and she's shut down. Hard.

All other pet champions have pets that are tied to other abilities. Yorick's ghouls are all added bonuses to normally effective abilities. Mordekaiser's Ult not only deals a decent chunk of damage over a long period of time, but grants him a massive buff and in turn is based on a champion's stats. Even Annie's Tibbers could easily go toe to toe with one or two of Sami's mechs, again, due to their pitiful resistances. They basically take true damage from everything.

The5lacker

12-18-2012

Bumpin'

The5lacker

12-19-2012

Bumpin'

12345678 ... 11