Is Diana OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BoltAktion

12-05-2012

Mmm the eve point is good but the rest is just you being angry because I don't agree with you.

While eves stats for ipl are indeed nice, her performance as a mid/assassin was usually lackluster. Did her teams win? Yep. Was eve the defining role in those victories? I'd say no.

Anyways I shared my 2 cents, no point trying to argue with a rock.

And seriously, somebody should put up the numbers for diana and lux.

If diana comes out ahead by a good margin ill concede that shes "op" because her "omfg godlike double shield"

a frozen bunny

12-06-2012

Legit question, who do you pick against Diana mid?

I've gone 3/0 and 4/0 against some really bad Diana's before, pre-6, and she still 1-combo'ed me post-6, while I could only get her down to maybe 1/4 hp during the exchange.

Against a good Diana? I'm screwed. I resort to farming under my tower and losing the rest of the cs. A few levels later she dives me anyways and 1 combo's me.

You all say, oh you can just dodge her Q, learn to play, qq more baddie, blah blah. Okay well uhm...I don't think it's reasonable to expect someone to dodge 100% of all skillshots. At least 1 is bound to hit at some point. What I'm really frustrated by is that I can win lane, but unless I'm like, 12/0 or something truly ridiculous, all it takes is for Diana to land that 1 Q and burst me from full to nothing.

Yes, I play all the squishy ap mids. So my question is, who do you take against her mid? A brusier? Cho and Rumble come to mind. Anyone else (that does magic damage)?

Could I get tips on dodging her Q? I've tried to always stay to Diana's left and walking forward to dodge it. It works at first, but the better Diana's figure out what I'm doing pretty fast and start aiming in front of me. It doesn't help either that the tip of her Q has larger AOE than the curve of her Q. Other Diana's will just shuffle with me all the way to the edge of the lane, so there's literally no room to stay on her left.

As for this ongoing argument, all I can say is...I'd rather face Katarina than Diana. At least you can kill Katarina the same time she kills you.

No Mid No Life

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry is a bunny View Post

I've gone 3/0 and 4/0 against some really bad Diana's before, pre-6, and she still 1-combo'ed me post-6, while I could only get her down to maybe 1/4 hp during the exchange.

Against a good Diana? I'm screwed. I resort to farming under my tower and losing the rest of the cs. A few levels later she dives me anyways and 1 combo's me.

You all say, oh you can just dodge her Q, learn to play, qq more baddie, blah blah. Okay well uhm...I don't think it's reasonable to expect someone to dodge 100% of all skillshots. At least 1 is bound to hit at some point. What I'm really frustrated by is that I can win lane, but unless I'm like, 12/0 or something truly ridiculous, all it takes is for Diana to land that 1 Q and burst me from full to nothing.

Yes, I play all the squishy ap mids. So my question is, who do you take against her mid? A brusier? Cho and Rumble come to mind. Anyone else (that does magic damage)?

Could I get tips on dodging her Q? I've tried to always stay to Diana's left and walking forward to dodge it. It works at first, but the better Diana's figure out what I'm doing pretty fast and start aiming in front of me. It doesn't help either that the tip of her Q has larger AOE than the curve of her Q. Other Diana's will just shuffle with me all the way to the edge of the lane, so there's literally no room to stay on her left.

As for this ongoing argument, all I can say is...I'd rather face Katarina than Diana. At least you can kill Katarina the same time she kills you.
This is my issue with her in her current state.. What I've actually done is ask jungle or top to take AP and then do a bruiser/offtank mid (like Irelia)--I actually have fun with this (haven't done it in ranked though, since people are still stuck on the 'AP Mid' meta).. Irelia and Riven do reallllly well against her (afaik, since they're my faves)

Shiny Eevee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoukitenshi View Post
Someone made a really good point in a post the other day.

The problem with Diana is that Diana is an assassin that was given the correct kit to effectively assassinate no matter what the circumstances, and AD carries are currently overpowered.

Since AD Carries are overpowered and Diana can easily kill AD carries, Diana is overpowered.
Wrong... Diana is a bruiser. ._.

NEXMaRin

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanbyaku View Post
Seriously. She's so easy.. She's never banned in my **** elo, and stomps all the time, either when the other team picks her or when my team does. Even if she gets beaten in lane, or with minimal cs, she does crazy damage, not to mention the shield...

It must be my imagination..

Or is she still too strong?

Edit: Downvotes for a question.. <3 GD

Also, 100% w/l with Diana lately.. (Given, it's only been 3 games, but a 8/1/11.3 average? Really?) Coming from a user's perspective, I think she's tooo strong, but that's my opinion.
She has a secret passive: makes Ironstylus hack into Riot and increase Leona's damage by 1000%

BigPatches

12-08-2012

Bump... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA suck it GD

Commander Amaro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicitea View Post
She's not op, just strong.
to strong=OP

Bogieman

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genspirit View Post
diana prolly needs to be a bit tweaked i wouldnt go so far as to call her op but a tanky assassin doesnt really make much sense lol.
Irelia lol.

Nzo

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry is a bunny View Post

I recommend you pick up Diana and play with her a lot. At least 20 games. Then you'll see her weaknesses.

Heres the basics:

She has a horrible level 1-3. She gets a tad bit better around 4-5, and she can out right duel you at 6.

What does this mean? Champions who have strong early levels do really well against her. Kennen, Brand, LeBlanc, Katarina, Lee Sin, Ziggs, Syndra, and Viktor

Post 6, your best best is to play safe in your lane and take advantage of gank opportunities not only to your lane but to side lanes.

Also, keep in mind the arc on her Q. It goes from her right side into an arc motion towards her center. This means you want to stay on her weak side in the lane. This is top side of mid lane if you're purple team, and bottom side of lane if you are blue team. The travel time on her Q if going in a full arc should give you enough time to dodge with tier 1 boots.

Some good picks:

Katarina:
While Diana is known as the Katarina lane counter, Katarina is one of the best gankers around and she can pressure Diana to leave the lane when Katarina goes to gank. This can force Katarina's team into some good early fights and possibly turn the fight onto Diana if she decides to show up late. Keep in mind that Katarina is a much bigger force in team fights because of her passive, and she can snowball harder than Diana can. Use this to your advantage and start team fights early.

As Katarina, you do not want to engage Diana unless she misses her Q. You don't want to ult unless she burns her E.

In full team fights, you want to wait for Diana to jump in and use her E before you Shumpo in to combo.

Kennen:
Kennen is probably one of the hardest matchups for Diana. The best counter IMO.

Kennen has a strong early game while Diana suffers. Diana can't harass constantly without risking being OOM by showtime (level 6). Kennen can constantly harass Diana every time Diana goes in for a CS. Kennen can also nuke Diana safely and effectively with QWE combo.

Diana cannot simply dive onto Kennen post 6 in fear that Kennen will just ult on top of her.

Even if Kennen's ult is down, Kennen can still QWE to stun Diana and sprint away out of a bad situation.

IMO as a Diana player, Kennen is hands down the best counter to Diana in ever aspect of the game. Early. Mid. Lane. Even if Diana has a lead on Kennen, a good Kennen will never allow himself to get killed because of his QWE STUN-Run away combo.

Ahri
Ahri has the benefits of serious lane sustain, and she has escapes with her R.

As Ahri it's simple. Pre-6, Ahri has a huge advantage in harass, but Post 6 she cannot let herself be nuked down by Diana's Q. Anytime Diana Q's, use R on Diana to avoid the spell, then use a full combo on Diana and use R offensively, then save one last R to get out safely. One full combo should put Diana near death and will make her think twice about engaging you.

Her R cooldown is short enough that you can play cautiously until it is back up. Just remember to punish Diana for anytime she misses her Q.

Morgana
Morgana is a "safe" pick to farm mid with. But Morgana will never be able to duel Diana just as she can hardly duel any mage in the game.

I really do not recommend her as shes a bit too passive and lets Diana roam too freely while Morgana gets stuck farming under her tower.

Ziggs
Ziggs is another "safe" pick for Diana. No good Ziggs players will ever let you near him to harass, he has amazing early game harass while Diana doesn't.

Even if hes zoned out, he does a great job easily farming waves of minions with little mana.

Even post 6, a good Ziggs playes will never even let you be close enough to lane Q with Diana. Most Ziggs players will stay back and farm and harass with bombs.

Viktor
While Viktor isn't very popular, his kit makes him extremely well suited for fighting Diana.

Long range harass? Check.
Shield? Check.
Stun? Check.
Burst? Check.

Diana is most scarriest at 6, but against Viktor she simply can't go in for a kill. Good Viktor players will never allow themselves to be close enough to Diana to get hit by Q, but they are also close enough to harass her with lasers.

Also, if Diana jumps on Viktor, he can stun, ult on top of the stun, shield, lasers, death. Diana cannot survive jumping ontop of Viktor's stun+ult combo.

The downside to Viktor is he is horrible at ganking, and a good Diana players will just roam and force Viktor in small team fights where Diana can outshine him. However in a pure lane aspect, Viktor is as good as a counter to Diana as almost any champion (except Kennen).

I hope this helps. Again this is all coming from a Diana player who learned how to play against her extremely effectively after I picked her up.

shaddow

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanbyaku View Post
Strong point here..
So other assasins need to be able to tower dive at level 6 and fight 1v2 at level 6? Cause both of those are easy as Diana.