Is Diana OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

No Mid No Life

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalaug View Post
She is not a tank like Malphite or Amumu. She gets focused a little and she dies. She is good at small skirmishes but fragile in full 5v5 team fights.

People are mad because she doesn't die instantly like Talon, Akali, Veigar or Leblanc. But assassins do need to survive SOME hits to be viable, especially melee ones. Other assassins need to be buffed to Diana's level, not Diana nerfed to their useless level.
Strong point here..

IS149c9d0730e8b88ab7fc5

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltAktion View Post
Shes strong, not op.

People don't like assassins. Because people don't like to die.

There are only ..what..2-3 assasins that even see regular tourney play..

Akali..diana..uh....kahzix?..and kat.

Maybe I missed one or two?

Diana gets cried about because her kit is designed correctly to perform her role unlike most other assassins same with kat . Her shield means unlike the other assassins (kat has this with her dmg reduction) she can kill the carry, and actually has a chance to flash out of the fray and live.

Now try that with talon...he kills the carry...he flashes but dies anyways or dies before he can even hit flash.

tldr: diana is strong, but people only scream op because shes an assassin who doesn't die in 1 milisecond.
Out of all the ones you listed the only one who can dive into a team fight and not worry about being melted is Diana while having mobility and damage on par with all of them, also has a longer ranged nuke too.

Quote:
Shes not tanky. She has a double shield. Only a single shield unless shes in melee range.

You don't call lux tanky because she has a double shield do you? No.

Btw lux's shield is better.
Lux's shield doesn't do damage, nor does it refresh. You act like it is hard to get into melee range when you have a 900 range point and click gap closer.

She has far too much in her kit and does it too well, she needs slight tweaks. Reason she was picked/banned in like 90% of games at ipl.

Aoiboshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalaug View Post
She is not a tank like Malphite or Amumu. She gets focused a little and she dies. She is good at small skirmishes but fragile in full 5v5 team fights.

People are mad because she doesn't die instantly like Talon, Akali, Veigar or Leblanc. But assassins do need to survive SOME hits to be viable, especially melee ones. Other assassins need to be buffed to Diana's level, not Diana nerfed to their useless level.
*cough* Kassadin... ap melee assassin who should be better than he is...

BoltAktion

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv 50 poliwrath View Post
Out of all the ones you listed the only one who can dive into a team fight and not worry about being melted is Diana while having mobility and damage on par with all of them, also has a longer ranged nuke too.

Lux's shield doesn't do damage, nor does it refresh. You act like it is hard to get into melee range when you have a 900 range point and click gap closer.

She has far too much in her kit and does it too well, she needs slight tweaks. Reason she was picked/banned in like 90% of games at ipl.

Did the point of my post just completely go over your head or what? Did you not read it?

Yes, she is the only one who can fight without being melted in half a second, which is why shes the only assassin who gets picked.....that means shes one of the only assassins in the game that is viable....that means shes fine...she works how she is supposed to. The other assassins are the ones who are broken, they need to be buffed.

Luxs shield doesn't do damage, but it does refresh, you know...when it boomerangs back...oh and it shield all allies back and forth as well.....Dianas shield does damage, a small amount but her moonfall doesn't...luxes E DOES do damage, they both have 3 damage skills and a double shield.

logic seems to escape you?

"Diana is too strong because she has a double shield"
lux has a double shield, and it's better then diana's, so lux is also op?
"Diana is op"
ok........

Oh and just because she was picked a lot doesn't make her op, winrate and carry potentil make things op. She was picked a lot because shes pretty much the only tourney viable assassin. Also, I guess you missed it when I think clg eu? took her mid twice and she got stomped both times, once by a kat and once by a karthus, sending them to losers.
Maybe it wasnt clgeu...cant remember exactly.

NephiL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Oh so diana is building tank items? Well she doesn't do any damage then, so why are you complaining?

Defensive items make you harder to kill....that's...the point...
thats the point, she STILL does TONS of damage

Twerk it Twitch

12-05-2012

Quote:
Did the point of my post just completely go over your head or what? Did you not read it?

Yes, she is the only one who can fight without being melted in half a second, which is why shes the only assassin who gets picked.....that means shes one of the only assassins in the game that is viable....that means shes fine...she works how she is supposed to. The other assassins are the ones who are broken, they need to be buffed.

Luxs shield doesn't do damage, but it does refresh, you know...when it boomerangs back...oh and it shield all allies back and forth as well.....Dianas shield does damage, a small amount but her moonfall doesn't...luxes E DOES do damage, they both have 3 damage skills and a double shield.

"Diana is op"
ok........

Oh and just because she was picked a lot doesn't make her op, winrate and carry potentil make things op. She was picked a lot because shes pretty much the only tourney viable assassin. Also, I guess you missed it when I think clg eu? took her mid twice and she got stomped both times, once by a kat and once by a karthus, sending them to losers.
The amount of stupidity in this post is funny.

1: Eve and Rengar were also picked, they are viable assassins
yes so no she isn't the only one.
2: An assassin should not have that much survivablity with that many tools. That is bad balance.
3: You sound like the people who screamed Zyra was fine after release.

If you honestly think having a long range spammable nuke, an inbuilt shield that does damage and refreshes, having an aoe pull around her and a low cd gap closer that does damage is balanced logic must escape you.

Inb4 HUrr durr getting into melee range as Diana is hard so her W and E are balanced.

IS16d1cfc8ecca5f40e259c

12-05-2012

Quote:

"Diana is op"
ok........

> Most staunch defender of Diana in this thread.
>Most played champion in ranked this season Diana.

Seems legit.

TheOmegaBunny

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NephiL View Post
thats the point, she STILL does TONS of damage
if Ur awful. Like legit just rush her as tanks. She won't do anything and her r will be down so nobody squishy gets hurt. Sunfire capes hurt ad carries...build health sigh or Mr

BoltAktion

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramund Hin Unge View Post
> Most staunch defender of Diana in this thread.
>Most played champion in ranked this season Diana.

Seems legit.

I'm not defending, I'm participating in a discussion and giving my opinion based on fact and personal experience.

And yes most played so far, a whole whopping 8 games or so. if you notice the champs I played for placement, you will see a trend, They all stomp on bad 1200 players like yourself. Shaco, annie, talon, diana.

Pretty much It was a toss up of "Do I want to use kat or diana to roll the bads on my way up."

I chose diana because kat can't jungle.

And if you look at my stats you will notice my games with shaco are much better. For two reasons.

1. Diana isn't as strong as people make her out to be
2. Shaco is the master of beating on nooblords.

Honestly I shoulda just played shaco every game.

So pretty much instead of using anything at all, be it math, stats, whatever to back up your claim that shes "op" You instead just go for a personal attack.

"Seems legit"

And to the poster who argued that eve and rengar were viable assassins picked.

1. Eve was rarely picked and even when she was didn't do all that great, I wouldn't call that tourny viable.
2. Rengar was never built as an assasin, he was always built full hp to abuse his roar sustain. And he actually is op and needs to be nerfed.

Also, does anybody feel like doing the math for lux and diana? Because im willing to bet that lux deals more damage and shields more hp than diana does.

Twerk it Twitch

12-05-2012

Quote:
I'm not defending, I'm participating in a discussion and giving my opinion based on fact and personal experience.

And yes most played so far, a whole whopping 8 games or so. if you notice the champs I played for placement, you will see a trend, They all stomp on bad 1200 players like yourself. Shaco, annie, talon, diana.

Pretty much It was a toss up of "Do I want to use kat or diana to roll the bads on my way up."

I chose diana because kat can't jungle.

And if you look at my stats you will notice my games with shaco are much better. For two reasons.

1. Diana isn't as strong as people make her out to be
2. Shaco is the master of beating on nooblords.

Honestly I shoulda just played shaco every game.

So pretty much instead of using anything at all, be it math, stats, whatever to back up your claim that shes "op" You instead just go for a personal attack.

"Seems legit"

And to the poster who argued that eve and rengar were viable assassins picked.

1. Eve was rarely picked and even when she was didn't do all that great, I wouldn't call that tourny viable.
2. Rengar was never built as an assasin, he was always built full hp to abuse his roar sustain. And he actually is op and needs to be nerfed.

Also, does anybody feel like doing the math for lux and diana? Because im willing to bet that lux deals more damage and shields more hp than diana does.
1: Eve rarely picked and didn't do all that great? She was picked in 8 games and won all 8, she was also banned 17 times. I guess a 100% win rate isn't all that great yea? Obviously not tournament viable with her being picked/banned in 34.7% all the IPL games.

''Also, does anybody feel like doing the math for lux and diana? Because im willing to bet that lux deals more damage and shields more hp than diana does.''

Lets ignore the fact that Lux melts almost instantaneously and has no mobility, oh and cool-downs.

You have also not participated in any form of discussion all you have done is say '' Diana is fine Lux shield Lux OP hurr durr.'' then proceeded to call anyone else bad.