So Riot, when are you going to fix Blitz effortless zoning?

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LostRaider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile Miku View Post
Push it onto his ult, give him a different Q , also make sure his ult actually has a cooldown of some sorts
Boom, much less cancerous
That is also acceptable, maybe even more so.

Minishmaster

12-05-2012

Blitzcrank does not have a zone range of 925. You should be able to dodge a pull at over 550 range if you are not already CC'd, so even with his haste his effective zone range is loser to 650 range, which is roughly equal to taric's zone range.

Aris

12-05-2012

the right support wont let you get zoned by him

And it was K

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayzial View Post
the right support wont let you get zoned by him
It takes a great support to do this. Conversely, it takes a pulse for the Blitz player to be able to force the enemy support to have to do this. He doesn't need to land the grab to zone. The threat of the grab is what zones.

I can play against Blitz any day, usually winning. It's not all that difficult. It's just unfair how little skill is required on the side of Blitz for the amount of power he brings, compared to how much his opponents need.

tenrel

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Raiden View Post
Well, in all fairness, you have 15 seconds after he misses a grab to free farm and have a gank or harass.

He has no innate sustain. Just grab Taric and win.
not if you don't want to eat an uppercut, and and possibly ult.

blitz doesn't need his grab to easily get to, and kill a carry, it's just icing on the cake.

Postal Miku

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostRaider View Post
That is also acceptable, maybe even more so.
How bout this then (as an alternative since i doubt riot will make his Q his ult)

Q now does no damage
R now has a 50 second cooldown and does 150/225/350 damage (LIKE MOST AOE ULTS)
Magic Res per level removed

In saying "theres no way to nerf Blitz without making him terrible" is kinda wrong, but either way I don't care how much they decide to nerf him and I would be fine with them nerfing him to prebuff Eve tier, he kinda deserves it

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
It takes a great support to do this. Conversely, it takes a pulse for the Blitz player to be able to force the enemy support to have to do this. He doesn't need to land the grab to zone. The threat of the grab is what zones.

I can play against Blitz any day, usually winning. It's not all that difficult. It's just unfair how little skill is required on the side of Blitz for the amount of power he brings, compared to how much his opponents need.
This post is very true, for someone to effortlessly grab a champion and kill them while other supports have to work pretty hard to achieve the same thing feels very unfair, specially when you stack his skills/damage and tankyness with someone who is supposed to be a support like Janna/Soraka
It's also unfair to be doing flawlessly against him and then get grabbed once in the lategame to squander the whole thing and die instantly and end up losing a game because it just became a 4v5 for 60 seconds

Ulquiorra995

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihave2cows View Post
Leona. To be fair, her CC isnt cleansable, but it hits harder and she has a lot more of it while being tankier.
The difference? Leona has to go all-in with no escape except for summoner spells. Sorry to break your bubble, but Blitz's risk factor is insanely low compared to Leona.
Honestly, as a support main, I just hate that guy. You can dodge grabs all day, get grabbed once and get instagibbed. IMO, he has too low risk for too high reward.

An idea I liked: Remove base damage from his Q, but give it great scaling. That way he could do damage if he builds damage, or just get utility spell as a support (It will still be an instagib to anyone grabbed late game). Or just make his Overdrive slow him when it ends again, so he can't just beep-boop away when he screws up.

DeciEVE or AFK

12-05-2012

If they get rid of him, or nerf him to obscurity, a new 'toxic, broken, unfun' champ will be thrown into the spotlight.

Like you said, before, it was Soraka/Shaco/Heimer/Shen. They were nerfed a long time ago and have since faded into obscurity (except Shen who was semi-recently buffed). Most people playing now weren't even playing when they were ridiculous and don't know of the horrors they inflicted on soloqueue.

Atm, those so-called unfun champs are Darius/Diana/Teemo/Katarina, and Blitz, like you mentioned.

Tone down Blitz, then these 4 get complained about nonstop. After they get pruned, it'll just be a new breed of extremely obnoxious champs.

It's always going to be there - and it could be much, much worse than Blitzcrank. Considering all the 'annoying' champs that have ever existed in this game, pre-rework Eve, release Xin/LB, release Vayne/Irelia, spellvamp stacking Vlad/Akali, Blitz is tame in his damage to the game. He's not completely unkillable, he's not completely unmovable from lane, he doesn't 1v5 without taking a scratch of damage, and he doesn't force every single person on the map to towerhug the second he runs into the fog of war. As irritating as Blitz can be you CAN outplay him, unlike old Vlad/Irelia/Xin, who just rolled their face on the keyboard, won 1v3s with ease, and never, ever died.

If I had to lane against Blitz or a pre-nerf Heimerdinger, I'd take the blitz any day of the week.

Muhshuhu

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minishmaster View Post
Blitzcrank does not have a zone range of 925. You should be able to dodge a pull at over 550 range if you are not already CC'd, so even with his haste his effective zone range is loser to 650 range, which is roughly equal to taric's zone range.
They said he has a zone range of 925 because that is the pull range, and I have got plenty of people at damn close to max range pulls.

Also you should find someone who plays adc who can play sivir if you want the hardest counter to blitz possible.
Alistar is still a really great counter to bliz and as everyone has said leona and taric are amazing vs him. Janna and lulu come to mind as well.

Slggy

12-05-2012

As a blitz main player in season 2, you got to know when to fight, play taric vs blitz, or even leona, if blitz grabs your adc, jump onto there adc, trust me i know how to beat blitz in lane as i know his weaknesses and strengths from playing over 250+ games as him

1234567 ... 8