I need help in a decision.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlashStarEX

12-05-2012

I've looked at my stats for the tribunal, I have never pardoned a person through out my entire time of being on it.
I'd like to learn from the cases where I have been incorrect like these:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5963351/
I personally felt games 1 3 4 5 were particularly negative, although it was mostly during the end game where the entire team was spiraling down in bad plays.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5962308/#nogo
The first game was ENTIRELY reportable in my opinion, however the second game was completely unfounded in the report ( they didn't call anyone the N word nor did they speak alot) So I went ahead and hit punish

I'd like to learn exactly how to judge cases like these and improve my accuracy so thanks in advance.

Space Racist

12-05-2012

In the first case, almost all of the chat from the reported player was just indirect frustration about how the game was panning out. They were negative but not directing any insults towards any particular team members - and overall in that case, the player didn't use particularly offensive language. Annoying - perhaps, but not really worthy of any punishment in my view.

The 2nd case is interesting. I would have also voted to Punish. It is perhaps an issue with the chatlogs not always displaying when a case loads up - as there was clearly some verbal abuse in Game 1 of that case.

j c0le

12-05-2012

GAME 1 - NOT REPORTABLE. - no negativity

GAME 3 - NOT REPORTABLE - he talks smack about noc, but who cares, there is an IGNORE function. nowhere does he name calls, uses swear words. the IGNORE/mute function is there for a reason.

GAME 4 - NOTHING WRONG - i bet you saw the word "****ing" and wanted to punish. There is a SWEAR WORD FILTER, it's there for a reason.

GAME 5 - REPORTABLE - going in All chat telling the opponent to report.

To OP, stop using the tribunal. you are way too sensitive.

SlashStarEX

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by j c0le View Post
GAME 1 - NOT REPORTABLE. - no negativity

GAME 3 - NOT REPORTABLE - he talks smack about noc, but who cares, there is an IGNORE function. nowhere does he name calls, uses swear words. the IGNORE/mute function is there for a reason.

GAME 4 - NOTHING WRONG - i bet you saw the word "****ing" and wanted to punish. There is a SWEAR WORD FILTER, it's there for a reason.

GAME 5 - REPORTABLE - going in All chat telling the opponent to report.

To OP, stop using the tribunal. you are way too sensitive.
But you didn't accept the summoner's code, how can I take feedback from you?

j c0le

12-05-2012

???

Harate

12-05-2012

The existence of an ignore function doesn't give anyone the right to be toxic. Maybe brush up on the countless red posts that repeat this fact. Knowledge is power!

j c0le

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harate View Post
The existence of an ignore function doesn't give anyone the right to be toxic. Maybe brush up on the countless red posts that repeat this fact. Knowledge is power!
i said it never gives anyone a reason to do anything.

its there for a reason, instead of being so sensitive, USE IT. simple as that.

Great Pyrenees

12-06-2012

I loled when you pointed out he didnt accept the summoners code. That may be because he was recently banned. Listen I am a very strict judge but I only have a 93% punish rate. Sometimes you will come across a innocent person. When you do, you will know it. Just read the summoners code and go with your best judgment. Even though I am strict I sit at 85% accuracy in 600 cases and I am in the top 300. Dont worry you will improve with practice.

Space Racist

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by j c0le View Post
i said it never gives anyone a reason to do anything.

its there for a reason, instead of being so sensitive, USE IT. simple as that.
You should will be punished for swearing - filter or not. It's not a matter of sensitivity as shaping player attitude in-game. Someone swearing a lot needs to chill out - mute function is irrelevant when choosing whether they should get punished for swearing. They should be punished - no brainer.