Master Yi Rating

Overpowered 24 23.08%
Awesome 33 31.73%
Decent 23 22.12%
Ok 31 29.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Master Yi has got to be the best champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grollm

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
>Yi useless in high level play.
>M5 runs AP Yi mid at IPL5, gets delayed quadra and penta.
>Yi useless in high level play.

That's a laugh.
>You're not a pro player
>You're at 1400 elo
>You can't compare what the pros do, to what average or even above average people do.

That's a laugh that you think you're better than you are.

On a side note I've seen M5 run support Fiddlesticks. Does that make it viable to everyone? No. These guys get paid to pay league. I'm sure they could probably run Ap Vayne jungle and still wreck the average populace. I was referring that AP Yi or really any Yi is not viable on standard play. Why are you always such a dick? Do you get off pretending to know everything about league and being an internet bully? It's pretty lame bro. The fact that all you do is troll forums and play league and you're only at 1400 elo is pretty sad.

adc

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grollm View Post
>You're not a pro player
>You're at 1400 elo
>You can't compare what the pros do, to what average or even above average people do.

That's a laugh that you think you're better than you are.

On a side note I've seen M5 run support Fiddlesticks. Does that make it viable to everyone? No. These guys get paid to pay league. I'm sure they could probably run Ap Vayne jungle and still wreck the average populace. I was referring that AP Yi or really any Yi is not viable on standard play. Why are you always such a dick? Do you get off pretending to know everything about league and being an internet bully? It's pretty lame bro. The fact that all you do is troll forums and play league and you're only at 1400 elo is pretty sad.
Just throwing it out there - Elo means nothing. I don't play ranked much (as you can tell because I've only played 14 games this season). I queued with a Diamond S2 player, 1600 Elo game, stomped it easy. I'm +120~ in normals and still slowly climbing. I haven't focused on ranked or I'd be higher.

Support fiddlesticks is actually rather decent. It's played in high level games (or at least was, before the patch) somewhat often. Just because lolking doesn't list it as a support doesn't mean it isn't (Zyra, anyone?).

You did read the part where I said at IPL5, correct? Whether I'm a pro player or not is irrelevant. M5 ran AP Yi at a rather large tournament (WE, M5, TSM, TPA - you know TPA, right? - off the top of my head), and had good success with him. If M5 can do it at a tournament against other pro players, why does my Elo come up?

Something tells me you're a bit butthurt over the fact I called you out. Get over it, you were wrong.

Grollm

12-06-2012

I'm not butthurt at all, you are just pretty well known on the forums for being an ******* and providing useless condescending information that only makes you feel cool and knowledgeable, when in reality you're being an elitist jerk over a video game. As far as your comment about PROS playing other PROS. You seemed to miss the point of my post. What I was saying, since you're obviously very bad at reading comprehension, was that what the pros do is not always applicable to what everyone else can do. And the reason I brought up your elo up is you are constantly on the forums swinging your e peen around and your "knowledge," and you're just barely above average. Just stfu please.

Azerax53

12-06-2012

Quote:
The best way to build Yi is to build hybrid Yi. Yi is pretty useless in any higher level of play because you will just get chain cced, but he is fun to stomp normals and Ap Yi is a GOD in Arams. When I do play Yi(which is only when I play Arams or right now as I am helping a friend level an account and lower level players have no idea how to deal with Yi), I usually start 1 dorans ring, boots, then a second dorans right. I then rush Rage Blade, Followed by a Hextech Gunblade, and then I look to see if the enemy team is stacking armor or MR, and I build the opposite. If they are stacking armor, I go for a Death Cap, if they are stacking MR, I go for a Bloodthirster or IE.
Yi is definately best as a hybrid since his AD improves his E and R abilities and his q and w scale off of his ap. If I were you i'd build AP early and then mid to late game start building AD on him so that you can use all his abilites.

Grollm

12-06-2012

Yeah I agree I like the early game ap because it helps you farm and makes your heal more potent and slowly start adding ad in so you are able to actually do damage when you alpha strike to them. I build Yi almost exactly the same as Kayle.

HazardousIndex

12-06-2012

I, too, had a torrid love affair with Master Yi in my early League days. Unfortunately, what people say about Yi at high level is right: he's much too squishy for teamfighting and he doesn't really fit the current meta. I'm hoping the new patch will actually breathe some life back into the master with more than just its new splash art. Making AD items also provide a bit of tankiness (like the new Black Cleaver) is a step in the right direction. And I'm really looking forward to seeing what the Quicksilver Blade and Zephyr can do about Yi's CC weakness.

I think I'm going to be playing Yi a lot more in future weeks.

adc

12-06-2012

Quote:
I'm not butthurt at all, you are just pretty well known on the forums for being an ******* and providing useless condescending information that only makes you feel cool and knowledgeable, when in reality you're being an elitist jerk over a video game. As far as your comment about PROS playing other PROS. You seemed to miss the point of my post. What I was saying, since you're obviously very bad at reading comprehension, was that what the pros do is not always applicable to what everyone else can do. And the reason I brought up your elo up is you are constantly on the forums swinging your e peen around and your "knowledge," and you're just barely above average. Just stfu please.
So the pros playing against other pros can do X.

But they're pros, so therefore the average player playing against other average players can't do X?

Got it. The pros can do whatever they want because they're pros, and us lowly players should stick to the strict meta and never try and play like the pros or take advice from the pros, because clearly we're just bad and can't do what they can do ever, so we should never try.

The problem isn't that we're not pros. The problem is that we're not practiced and not good with X champion. Just because YOU can't play AP Yi effectively against similarly skilled players doesn't mean some random 1000 Elo, or 1500 Elo player can't. You could be the best player in the world, but if you're playing a hero you're ****ty at, you're going to lose to other highly skilled players playing heroes they're good at.

Hentai Bagel

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCorporation View Post
i think you are probably a lower level player
i had a friend who was just as obsessed with yi as you are now

the problem with him is that although he can be very viable he isnt the best champion at each position

if you think about jungle he can sure clear the creeps fast but when it comes to ganking he is red buff dependant for the slow to CC. he lacks a gap closer til lvl 6 and thats bc his ult speeds him up

and if u think hes great at AP his downfall lies where he has to Q a champion on the enemy team and after he's done with that he lands possibly in the MIDDLE of the opposing team
and after the Q he really has no more spells to use offensively
When you get to lvl 30, you cant carry a team of baddies with yi against a tryndamere even with full build yi

Grollm

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
So the pros playing against other pros can do X.

But they're pros, so therefore the average player playing against other average players can't do X?

Got it. The pros can do whatever they want because they're pros (Premise 1) , and us lowly players should stick to the strict meta and never try and play like the pros or take advice from the pros (Premise 2), because clearly we're just bad and can't do what they can do ever, so we should never try. (Premise 3)

Really bro? Are you 12? Your arguments fall under so many logical fallacies it's not even funny.
Negative conclusion from affirmative premises is a syllogistic fallacy committed when a categorical syllogism has a negative conclusion yet both premises are affirmative. The inability of affirmative premises to reach a negative conclusion is usually cited as one of the basic rules of constructing a valid categorical syllogism
All A is B.
All B is C.
Therefore, some C is not A
Just to name one. There is a lot more there, but I'm at work and I don't have time right now to completely dismantle the garbage you put on this thread. If you're going to constantly argue with people on the forums you should probably look into reading about logical fallacies or you are just going to sound like a complete moron.

The problem isn't that we're not pros. The problem is that we're not practiced and not good with X champion. Just because YOU can't play AP Yi effectively against similarly skilled players doesn't mean some random 1000 Elo, or 1500 Elo player can't. You could be the best player in the world, but if you're playing a hero you're ****ty at, you're going to lose to other highly skilled players playing heroes they're good at.
You just have to last the word eh? AP Yi is a niche pick, he's only good against a team with no or very little CC. Actually not just AP Yi, any Yi. And you can't honestly tell me if you were playing a ranked game and your mid insta-locked AP Yi that you wouldn't be a little bit worried or just outright dodge. You're just playing Devil's Advocate because you think you're snarky and witty, but you're not. Whatever bro, keep trolling forums and making yourself feel better. You very rarely, if EVER give pertinent advice, you usually just make people feel stupid for asking the question. Oh and no gives a **** about your elo climb posts so stop posting them.

Naive Annie

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLockfire View Post
Master Yi has got to be the best champion in this map for any role.
I've been as Master Yi for almost a month now and I got no problems and I consider him overpowered. I've played him as an AP Mage and usually as a Mid Solo or Jungler and I also take top and bot sometimes with champions like Ashe or Warwick.
Master Yi is very flexible in this map since this champion can gank at most times and possibly will be capable of jungling for 30seconds with a lot of experience earned.
This is why i think Master Yi is the best champion to play as for this map.
I want to see what you think about Master Yi and if you were ever matched up with one as an enemy or teammate.
Want to know how advanced players think about Yi the feeder -_-
Read this:
http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/boar...d.php?t=522025