Master Yi Rating

Overpowered 27 25.23%
Awesome 33 30.84%
Decent 23 21.50%
Ok 31 28.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Master Yi has got to be the best champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solid Perfection

12-05-2012

Master Yi has got to be the best champion in this map for any role.
I've been as Master Yi for almost a month now and I got no problems and I consider him overpowered. I've played him as an AP Mage and usually as a Mid Solo or Jungler and I also take top and bot sometimes with champions like Ashe or Warwick.
Master Yi is very flexible in this map since this champion can gank at most times and possibly will be capable of jungling for 30seconds with a lot of experience earned.
This is why i think Master Yi is the best champion to play as for this map.
I want to see what you think about Master Yi and if you were ever matched up with one as an enemy or teammate.

AppleCorporation

12-05-2012

i think you are probably a lower level player
i had a friend who was just as obsessed with yi as you are now

the problem with him is that although he can be very viable he isnt the best champion at each position

if you think about jungle he can sure clear the creeps fast but when it comes to ganking he is red buff dependant for the slow to CC. he lacks a gap closer til lvl 6 and thats bc his ult speeds him up

and if u think hes great at AP his downfall lies where he has to Q a champion on the enemy team and after he's done with that he lands possibly in the MIDDLE of the opposing team
and after the Q he really has no more spells to use offensively

LeeonHart

12-05-2012

Master yi was the champion that i played up until level 30. However, he's not really strong in team fights. Most people can CC him, and as ap yi the only realy offensive thing he has is his q. thornmail really counters ad yi. honestly right now, yi doesnt fit the meta.

Helter Kremlin

12-06-2012

Master Yi IS a very good champ, if you know what you are doing. AP Yi is fun, and his W scales amazingly with it, but he is a one trick pony, Q in and run out with R. Playing him AD you can do so much more. As for Yi not being good in team fights? I disagree with that entirely. I have played games with and as Master Yi to where I/he was killing off 2 enemies and working on a third before my team had fully engaged in the team fight. Though, he is not overpowered by any means.

Slashinghardest

12-06-2012

Yi as ap has two effective abilities. Most other mages have atleast three offensive abilities most have utility/escape and do way morr damage throughout fight. AD yi is ok but top he gets shuy down by the slightest bit of survivabiliy and jungle his ganks are poor. Also he does have a gapcloser, q puts you on an rnemy unit.

Helter Kremlin

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashinghardest View Post
Yi as ap has two effective abilities. Most other mages have atleast three offensive abilities most have utility/escape and do way morr damage throughout fight. AD yi is ok but top he gets shuy down by the slightest bit of survivabiliy and jungle his ganks are poor. Also he does have a gapcloser, q puts you on an rnemy unit.
No offense, but If you are getting shut down as Yi by slight survival, then you are a bad Yi.

Slashinghardest

12-06-2012

He only way to be a "bad" yi is to initiate crappily aside from that and farming yi only does one thing and hes not that good at it.

Grollm

12-06-2012

The best way to build Yi is to build hybrid Yi. Yi is pretty useless in any higher level of play because you will just get chain cced, but he is fun to stomp normals and Ap Yi is a GOD in Arams. When I do play Yi(which is only when I play Arams or right now as I am helping a friend level an account and lower level players have no idea how to deal with Yi), I usually start 1 dorans ring, boots, then a second dorans right. I then rush Rage Blade, Followed by a Hextech Gunblade, and then I look to see if the enemy team is stacking armor or MR, and I build the opposite. If they are stacking armor, I go for a Death Cap, if they are stacking MR, I go for a Bloodthirster or IE.

adc

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grollm View Post
The best way to build Yi is to build hybrid Yi. Yi is pretty useless in any higher level of play because you will just get chain cced, but he is fun to stomp normals and Ap Yi is a GOD in Arams. When I do play Yi(which is only when I play Arams or right now as I am helping a friend level an account and lower level players have no idea how to deal with Yi), I usually start 1 dorans ring, boots, then a second dorans right. I then rush Rage Blade, Followed by a Hextech Gunblade, and then I look to see if the enemy team is stacking armor or MR, and I build the opposite. If they are stacking armor, I go for a Death Cap, if they are stacking MR, I go for a Bloodthirster or IE.
>Yi useless in high level play.
>M5 runs AP Yi mid at IPL5, gets delayed quadra and penta.
>Yi useless in high level play.

That's a laugh.

ChillxIGotThis

12-06-2012

As far as I can tell for this xLockfire guy, he has lost every game with Master Yi in his current game history and left one game as Master Yi.