Zelos-The Frozen Lance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

12-06-2012

Passive - Kinda wondering why this has to be in two parts. You could've just have a passive "Exalted" where he gains 4 extra attack damage (+4 per, say, three levels), which is reduced by 25% for each nearby allied champion, but gains an aura that gives himself and nearby allied champions armor and magic resist based on the number of nearby allied champions around him. I don't think that giving him health based on the number of nearby champions would be a good idea. Fluctuating max health would be confusing.

Q - The way you organized this is confusing. A better way of saying it would be "Zelos's horse stomps the ground, dealing damage in a 75 degree arc in front of him and afflicting them with frost. Enemies who are already frosted are instead stunned." Other than that, pretty cool, though it doesn't really scale well. I'd increase the damage per level to about...30? 80/110/140/170/200 (+80% AD) seems a bit more potent.

W - Dashes don't tend to alter movement speed. Give it a set distance and don't let it alter the game terrain, that'd just be insane.

E - Even at max level, that's a fairly underwhelming slow. Sejuani gets a 10% slow per autoattack as a passive, and that interacts with basically all of her abilities. In addition, a 3% damage increase and 3% lifesteal are both...practically nothing. A character's abilities should not seem to emulate masteries.

Ultimate - 15 stack max? If Zelos is getting 15 stacks for this thing he doesn't NEED to be immune to all abilities for four seconds. Unless you're also referring to minion kills, in which case hilariously overpowered 4 second buff. Makes Poppy's Ult look reasonable.

Overall, I'm not really sure why Zelos would wield a lance, ride a horse, or be frost themed. This seems more like someone who'd wander in from Frejlord. I'm liking the idea of another mounted champ, and having more frost interactions could be cool (pun intended), but overall, needs a lot of work.

Moby the White

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
Passive - Kinda wondering why this has to be in two parts. You could've just have a passive "Exalted" where he gains 4 extra attack damage (+4 per, say, three levels), which is reduced by 25% for each nearby allied champion, but gains an aura that gives himself and nearby allied champions armor and magic resist based on the number of nearby allied champions around him. I don't think that giving him health based on the number of nearby champions would be a good idea. Fluctuating max health would be confusing.

Q - The way you organized this is confusing. A better way of saying it would be "Zelos's horse stomps the ground, dealing damage in a 75 degree arc in front of him and afflicting them with frost. Enemies who are already frosted are instead stunned." Other than that, pretty cool, though it doesn't really scale well. I'd increase the damage per level to about...30? 80/110/140/170/200 (+80% AD) seems a bit more potent.

W - Dashes don't tend to alter movement speed. Give it a set distance and don't let it alter the game terrain, that'd just be insane.

E - Even at max level, that's a fairly underwhelming slow. Sejuani gets a 10% slow per autoattack as a passive, and that interacts with basically all of her abilities. In addition, a 3% damage increase and 3% lifesteal are both...practically nothing. A character's abilities should not seem to emulate masteries.

Ultimate - 15 stack max? If Zelos is getting 15 stacks for this thing he doesn't NEED to be immune to all abilities for four seconds. Unless you're also referring to minion kills, in which case hilariously overpowered 4 second buff. Makes Poppy's Ult look reasonable.

Overall, I'm not really sure why Zelos would wield a lance, ride a horse, or be frost themed. This seems more like someone who'd wander in from Frejlord. I'm liking the idea of another mounted champ, and having more frost interactions could be cool (pun intended), but overall, needs a lot of work.
P. he shouldn't be getting health from nearby allies only allied structures.

Q.I try not to go above 180 as a maxed ability here due to him primarily being a tank in my eyes before he is bruiser. I guess i can try to clarify.

W. Well that is the whole thing. its a new idea and if you think its so insane you should go play dota where you can teleport to trees, and remove them for 60 secs. He only removes trees that he hits, otherwise he just goes through terrain. The reason for increased speed is just to show that he dashes faster than normal movement speed.I guess i could call it his personal missile speed if you will.

E.I can buff it, it was originally higher and i nerfed it due to being a different spell altogether but i forgot to revamp it.

R. lasts 3 secs. I pressed the wrong button woops. yes 15 because it evenly divides by 3 :S. no not on minions just on enemies i will fix that. removes 1/3 stacks on death of Zelos.

Lance: Did you see the picture? I am basing it around that picture. Based on my Lore i clearly explain Zelos' journey through Frejlord.

Moby the White

12-06-2012

buffed Q.

buffed the slow on E

added a few things to his lore.

reduced ult from 4 secs to 3 secs and clarified that on kill or assist means on champion kill or assist.

Moby the White

12-06-2012

Removed slow on Q
changed Q's tooltip

The5lacker

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
P. he shouldn't be getting health from nearby allies only allied structures.

Q.I try not to go above 180 as a maxed ability here due to him primarily being a tank in my eyes before he is bruiser. I guess i can try to clarify.

W. Well that is the whole thing. its a new idea and if you think its so insane you should go play dota where you can teleport to trees, and remove them for 60 secs. He only removes trees that he hits, otherwise he just goes through terrain. The reason for increased speed is just to show that he dashes faster than normal movement speed.I guess i could call it his personal missile speed if you will.

E.I can buff it, it was originally higher and i nerfed it due to being a different spell altogether but i forgot to revamp it.

R. lasts 3 secs. I pressed the wrong button woops. yes 15 because it evenly divides by 3 :S. no not on minions just on enemies i will fix that. removes 1/3 stacks on death of Zelos.

Lance: Did you see the picture? I am basing it around that picture. Based on my Lore i clearly explain Zelos' journey through Frejlord.
The problem with his passive giving him max health is thus: What happens when the ally leaves the aura range? If he loses current health equal to the max he'd lost, he could die from someone walking away from him. Bad. If he doesn't, though, he could just have an ally walk in and out of the range, effectively healing him at a phenomenal rate.

If you don't want it to be so strong, you can cut it's base power by quite a bit. An 80 damage cone plus a slow is very good early game. Cutting it down to 60 and having it scale for 30 damage each additional rank should be balanced.

LoL isn't Dota. You cannot alter the trees of LoL as they aren't trees, they're just walls that happen to look like trees. Dota is based on the WCIII engine, which has trees as they're a resource. That functionality was removed in LoL for a reason.

Also, it could be possible to have it work like an activated version of Hecarim's Warpath. That'd be workable.

Having it just get charges on champion kills means that his ult is only usable for 0.4 seconds for EVERY kill he gets. That's...unusable. If he's snowballing that good, he has no need for his ult.

Moby the White

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
The problem with his passive giving him max health is thus: What happens when the ally leaves the aura range? If he loses current health equal to the max he'd lost, he could die from someone walking away from him. Bad. If he doesn't, though, he could just have an ally walk in and out of the range, effectively healing him at a phenomenal rate.

If you don't want it to be so strong, you can cut it's base power by quite a bit. An 80 damage cone plus a slow is very good early game. Cutting it down to 60 and having it scale for 30 damage each additional rank should be balanced.

LoL isn't Dota. You cannot alter the trees of LoL as they aren't trees, they're just walls that happen to look like trees. Dota is based on the WCIII engine, which has trees as they're a resource. That functionality was removed in LoL for a reason.

Also, it could be possible to have it work like an activated version of Hecarim's Warpath. That'd be workable.

Having it just get charges on champion kills means that his ult is only usable for 0.4 seconds for EVERY kill he gets. That's...unusable. If he's snowballing that good, he has no need for his ult.
i am allowed to challenge the programmers with the tree thing. It is something we don't have and is unique and new. If they can't do it then they don't have to. I stand firm on this one thing.

I can change the ult so that it is functionally acceptable. But he does get these stacks from assissts as well. even if hits an enemy and they die to someone else he gets a stack. you only have to get 7 kills and 1 assist to fulfill this or 1 kill and 13 assists however you want to do it.

I will work on this as it stands Zelos is still in rough draft phase, he is bound to have mistakes. I am not perfect, nobody is. I make the champions overnight literally on the forums typing them up as I think of them. I don't spend weeks creating the champ then post it. I think of it on the spot and then post it as soon as its appears to be an acceptable first draft. Throughout the course of creating champions I work on all of my champions in order to make improvements based on feedback. i do not produce a finished champion upon posting.

Moby the White

12-06-2012

also zelos only becomes exalted while alone. He is not exalted if there are allies nearby.

Moby the White

12-06-2012

rewrote passive tooltip for exalted
ult changed to 20 stacks up from 15
steadfast requires 10 stacks up from 5

The5lacker

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
i am allowed to challenge the programmers with the tree thing. It is something we don't have and is unique and new. If they can't do it then they don't have to. I stand firm on this one thing.

I can change the ult so that it is functionally acceptable. But he does get these stacks from assissts as well. even if hits an enemy and they die to someone else he gets a stack. you only have to get 7 kills and 1 assist to fulfill this or 1 kill and 13 assists however you want to do it.

I will work on this as it stands Zelos is still in rough draft phase, he is bound to have mistakes. I am not perfect, nobody is. I make the champions overnight literally on the forums typing them up as I think of them. I don't spend weeks creating the champ then post it. I think of it on the spot and then post it as soon as its appears to be an acceptable first draft. Throughout the course of creating champions I work on all of my champions in order to make improvements based on feedback. i do not produce a finished champion upon posting.
I'm frustrated when people thing that "unique" automatically means "good," especially when it's an old feature that was, again, removed. Trees don't exist in LoL for a number of reasons, but that's not the topic of discussion here.

Again, how many kills or assists does the average tank get over the game? Maybe four kills, eighteen or so assists? That's a grand total of 26 charges, with 0.4 seconds per charge. Assuming at no point you die, of course.

Moby the White

12-06-2012

slow re-added to Q.