Is jungling dead?

Yes 9 13.85%
Mitigated 9 13.85%
No 44 67.69%
I don't care 3 4.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Jungle has been screwed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dawnsfist

12-06-2012

the idea is AOE junglers will take more damage while trying to kill multiple creeps, while someone who single targets will clear out one at a time and effectively take less damage because they reduce the number of creeps more effectively. AOE junglers need to hit all creeps and spread their damage out more so they will take more damage from more creeps, but for a shorter period of time.

effectively making the jungle more balanced for AOE and single target.

Leonixxiii

12-06-2012

I think I've done the new jungle maybe twice so far, did it last time as Kha,zix, and did just fine with no leash at all (was sure I was gonna die)... Sure I couldn't gank till much later due to Shaco stealing my red, and high CC laners on the enemy team I just farmed away faster, and faster with each item upgrade, and ended 10/5/10, and no jungle mob deaths... Jungle does need some tweaks, but if even I can pull it off it can't be that hard.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsfist View Post
the idea is AOE junglers will take more damage while trying to kill multiple creeps, while someone who single targets will clear out one at a time and effectively take less damage because they reduce the number of creeps more effectively. AOE junglers need to hit all creeps and spread their damage out more so they will take more damage from more creeps, but for a shorter period of time.

effectively making the jungle more balanced for AOE and single target.
You... you are... lol.... You really don't get it. At all.

Lumberjock

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimie View Post
Leashing has just changed. Its no longer to keep you from taking damage, instead now you deal enough damage that they clear it before losing too much life.

Most champions just need to get to level 2/3 to be able to sustain, and the first two camps getting help will seriously improve your jungle sustain, and ability to gank.
No, a thousand times no. If you are smart then you will trade whos getting beat on by the monster as you kill it, not just race it to the death.

Misinformation like this is why people dont know how to leash right now.

SpiritoftheFox

12-06-2012

Jungling is pretty easy and nice to not be so gank dependent anymore and be able to farm it and stay close in level. Its not even that much harder, w/ proper runes and mastery, as Diana I can go blue wolves, wraiths, golem, red, and only need 1 possibly 2 potions (no heal just smite). I take w/ me hunter machete and 5 pots (though I may play with this a bit since I'm not using all my potions that fast). Its not that much harder, its just slightly slower, but with that comes increased xp and money, and they scale faster as well to allow us junglers to be able to stay competitive if we don't gank so early, or if we miss one (for whatever reasons). I personally love it.

DTiga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjock View Post
No, a thousand times no. If you are smart then you will trade whos getting beat on by the monster as you kill it, not just race it to the death.

Misinformation like this is why people dont know how to leash right now.
No. You are, in fact, wrong. You DON'T want your laners to take damage, as that does give them a heavy disadvantage in lane. In Season 3, what's happening is jungler is tanking the buff, while mid/top or mid/bot is pounding away at it for a short bit, then leaving to their lanes so they don't lose too much exp.

DTiga

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post

Fairly sure most heroes can still clear the jungle. The idea was to make it so that Lee Sin can't go top lane with full HP at level 2 and get first blood, which immediately puts the enemy at a severe disadvantage. Now that Lee Sin will be at 1/2, or 1/3rd HP, which gives the enemy a chance.

Stop complaining because you don't instantly win the game anymore.
Eh. I wouldn't say Lee Sin is at 1/2 or 1/3rd HP. He can certainly be very close to full health if you can get a well-damaged leash/use health pots accordingly before ganking. Honestly, it hasn't changed that much. Only thing that really changed was the decision to either farm, or gank. Also the new items.

DTiga

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnsfist View Post
backwards, the little minions are stronger and the big ones are weaker. it was made to reduce the effectiveness of AOE junglers and allow the clear time of single target champions to be on par with them.
Bro, do you even jungle?

But seriously, if you main jungle and actually played the game in Season 2, you can tell that the little monsters are much squishier and weaker, and the big monster (i.e blue wraith brown wolf) are ridiculously tankier and stronger.

Fiveagen

Recruiter

12-08-2012

The changes to the jungle are incredible, if only for the fact that it's made people think twice about saying "Well, I guess I'll jungle..." when they've actually never done it before. Even more than that, it's brought along some nice buffs for neglected junglers such as Nautilus, Sejuani, and Rammus, bringing them closer to the viable range of jungle champions.

Jungling is a thing that Riot seems to expect people to have to learn how to do, rather than just pick it up, and I'm fine with that. Starting with a Machete and 5 potions will only get you so far, and it's up to you to learn when to use potions, how to smite buffs, how to effectively clear camps, and how to keep pressure on lanes despite wards.

Basically, if you can't clear the jungle, you're not necessarily bad, you just need to practice. My recommendation would be to find a champion (that can actually jungle, e.g. not Janna) that you'd like to jungle with, and practice with a friend just clearing out camps and doing your route. The most widely accepted route for most junglers with mana is Wolves>Blue>Wraiths>Golems>Red>Wraiths, but there are some variants on this based on the jungler and where you're ganking and such.

first time Vayne

12-08-2012

This thread makes me lol.

Don't hate on dawnsfist. He probably just didn't pay much attention to the patch video. His logic is a little off too, but there's no need to rage at him.

That said, dawnsfist, you are mistaken. The big monsters are stronger so that aoe champs don't clear the whole camp at the same time. They kill the little monsters sooner, but the big one takes much longer to kill and has more time to do its damage, which has been increased.

I find the new jungle changes to be...refreshing. In the grand scheme of things, they don't make much of a difference to typical jungle champs, but they open the possibility for jungling with unorthodox champs. I've enjoyed bringing a few favorites in, such as Fizz, Talon, and Irelia.

My favorite change has been making Wriggles so gold-inefficient in top lane. The old Wriggles allowed for too much sustain on some champs as well as that annoying constant ward. Although I have to say I enjoy trolling by spending first blood money on a Sightstone when playing top... Give me first blood up there, and not only shall you never get a gank off on me, but we shall steal your buff every time it spawns. >:O mwahahahaha