Pre AND Post game chat needs to be included badly

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iwerk4Riut

12-05-2012

Just was in a game where I was called "human trash" "***** negro" "scum of the earth" pregame. Once the game started (presumably a pre team), everyone on their team started to talk extremely nice, saying things like, "ur awesome, can't wait to play this one with you", etc. I decide to go mid with an AD assassin becuz the ori in the game said she would be willing to support. They then yell at me saying "plz report, he is trolling our mid", even though pregame chat clearly states she was willing to go support so I could practice ad mid. They then proceed to follow me around whenever iam in the jungle, let me tank the creeps then take red/blue/wolves/golem. Everytime I get a kill they say "gj" and be really polite, even though they purposely do not help me in team fights.

Post game chat comes on, they plead for the other team to plz report me because I went mid. One of the guys makes a deal saying he will report me if they report the Morgana on their team. The problem I now have is that someone (based on IN GAME CHAT ONLY) may vote to punish because I "stole" mid. Without pregame chat there is no way to see that not only was I verbally harassed before game by two of their members, but then I was trolled in game. The chat they were using in game was completely opposite of what they said pregame. Even post game chat was nothing but griefing me to be reported.

Honestly, I may never even make it to the Tribunal, but if I do, how is it "justice" to get punished based on half of the story?

How can a system work if you neglect to include all the facts?

Cardoc

12-05-2012

I agree, pre and post game chat needs to be placed into the tribunal. However, Just because someone is going off on you in pre game or post, it is no reason to go off on them, report them and make note of it, dont just put in offensive language without a note attached saying this guy was being racist and going off in pre game.

Its true we will still probably pardon it, but there is a record of it, if it happens enough times, eventually riot will see it and realize something is up. Hopefully they will put the chat in before that happens.

Iwerk4Riut

12-06-2012

Even if you do not go off on them, they can lobby against you by saying youre "trolling" by going mid, even if pregame chat shows otherwise. Then they can lobby to get the other team to report you post game (just like in this example), basically securing multiple reports against when you did absolutely nothing wrong. The fact is compounded if youre unlucky enough to get in a game with arranged team jerks. You get vebally abused, trolled, reported and possibly punished because there is no way to read pre and post game chat. This is a serious flaw with major abuse potential.

Kirska

12-06-2012

This has already been brought up and a Riot poster has already confirmed they are working on it.

Kirska

Jrud

12-06-2012

agreed, we need post and pre game chat for starters. We need a lot more than that, but this would be a start.

Jrud

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirska View Post
That post was made almost 10 months ago on 02-17-2012 they really jumped on that one didn't they?

Iwerk4Riut

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrud View Post
That post was made almost 10 months ago on 02-17-2012 they really jumped on that one didn't they?
Adding pre and post game chat must be really difficult, considering people have been complaining about it being broken for over a year now and nothing has been done.

Kirska

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrud View Post
Maybe it's more of a technical challenge than we realize? Do YOU know everything about the system (unless you work there the answer, by the way, is no)? Maybe it's not a good business decision for them to spend manpower on it? I'm merely pointing out that it's been pointed out for quite some time now and it's been acknowledged.

Jrud

12-06-2012

Well, no I don't have a full understanding of their systems... but I am a software developer which gives me a bit more insight than most people 0_o.

I assume that Riot has multiple teams that work on different parts of their product... so while getting this feature may be high on the Tribunal team's list it is likely fairly low on the game dev and pvp.net client lists where most of the work needs to take place.

That would make sense EXCEPT that I've seen info on this site that suggests that the tribunal rioters have access to both in game and out of game logs when they review cases for bans, which means they are both being tracked somewhere and are available to the staff... which leaves me to believe that the only problem is that there is no interface that combines both chat logs. They may be on different servers or different databases or in different parts of the country or something, but they can access them manually (if not automatically) somehow, so its just a matter of porting data through their network(s) and translating the pre-game usernames to the in-game character names.