Anger Management Problems

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jrud

Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjektRev View Post
...I'm sure many others agreed cause some of the reports that were filed were reported by only one person.
A lot of people forget to report at the end of a game. I know I have certainly forgotten to on occasion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProjektRev

Junior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljegh View Post
The solution is not to give special treatment to anyone with a handicap, but judge everyone by the same standard.

If you get mad, be mad IRL and don't take it out on other players inside the game.
"Judge everyone by the same standard." That is exactly where your wrong even "IN REAL LIFE" thing are not judged by the same standard. So even though I understand this is not reality, and it is only a game i'm not butt hurt about my ban. Could careless only spent a 100$ on this game, not much considering how much other people have spent on this game. I just raised this topic because I wanted to see what was the input.

Plus not everyone is judged the same even in real life, for example our justice system, takes into consideration of people who killed others when they had mental disorders, or were intoxicated or even if they committed the crime due to self-defence. This is important when your looking a gaming company that is trying to implement the whole justice system into their game and banning people for tribunals, so on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProjektRev

Junior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrud View Post
A lot of people forget to report at the end of a game. I know I have certainly forgotten to on occasion.
Would you agree there was a possibility that they also do not agree with what happened and therefore they just didn't report. Cause I agree with your statement when you say they might of forgot to report me, but in the same sense they maybe did remember but didn't agree that I needed to be reported.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jrud

Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjektRev View Post
Would you agree there was a possibility that they also do not agree with what happened and therefore they just didn't report. Cause I agree with your statement when you say they might of forgot to report me, but in the same sense they maybe did remember but didn't agree that I needed to be reported.
Yes, I would agree with that. Either situation could have occurred for every member who has played with an accused player.

I have also heard that there is a glitch out there that some people have that keeps them from ever reaching the game-end screen. At least one friend of mine crashes after each and every game he plays 0_o so he can never report anyone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrud View Post
I have also heard that there is a glitch out there that some people have that keeps them from ever reaching the game-end screen. At least one friend of mine crashes after each and every game he plays 0_o so he can never report anyone.
He should post on the tech support forum and get that worked out. Might need to reinstall the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koelio

Senior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjektRev View Post
"Judge everyone by the same standard." That is exactly where your wrong even "IN REAL LIFE" thing are not judged by the same standard. So even though I understand this is not reality, and it is only a game i'm not butt hurt about my ban. Could careless only spent a 100$ on this game, not much considering how much other people have spent on this game. I just raised this topic because I wanted to see what was the input.

Plus not everyone is judged the same even in real life, for example our justice system, takes into consideration of people who killed others when they had mental disorders, or were intoxicated or even if they committed the crime due to self-defence. This is important when your looking a gaming company that is trying to implement the whole justice system into their game and banning people for tribunals, so on.
You're quite correct, mostly. However there are some other things to consider as well:

1. You are asking for special treatment and consideration based upon your illness. So long as you aren't asking for amnesty because of it I'm okay with that.

2. Individuals that have been diagnosed with a mental illness and are undergoing treatment for it are still held accountable. Also, those that have stopped taking their required medication are held fully accountable.

3. It is yours and your parents' responsibility to ensure you not only have this medication, but are taking it as well.

4. You should refrain from playing when you haven't had your medication.

5. You not talking your medication causes issues for other people when you rage at them, and there in lies the problem: Should others have to suffer because of your illness?

6. I recommend contacting support directly and explaining things to the best of your ability. Perhaps if you or your parents forward a copy of your diagnoses to Riot they will be more willing to assist you?

7. Definitely try that keyboard idea.

Best of luck to you mate!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjektRev View Post
"Judge everyone by the same standard." That is exactly where your wrong even "IN REAL LIFE" thing are not judged by the same standard. So even though I understand this is not reality, and it is only a game i'm not butt hurt about my ban. Could careless only spent a 100$ on this game, not much considering how much other people have spent on this game. I just raised this topic because I wanted to see what was the input.

Plus not everyone is judged the same even in real life, for example our justice system, takes into consideration of people who killed others when they had mental disorders, or were intoxicated or even if they committed the crime due to self-defence. This is important when your looking a gaming company that is trying to implement the whole justice system into their game and banning people for tribunals, so on.
A court of law may take mental condition into account, but those deal with ruining people's lives and careers by putting people in jail and other heavy penalties.

We're talking about being asked not to play one specific video game anymore here. It's more comparable to being kicked out of a bar if you fly off the handle because the bartender served someone who hadn't been waiting as long as you. They won't take your condition into advisement when acting for the well being of their employees other customers, but on the flip side that's ok because what they decide doesn't ultimately have the potential to ruin your life.


12