Anger Management Problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProjektRev

12-05-2012

I know there are many of us with mental health problems out there, maybe not, and it is only me. However, my condition which I am currently held back in school for is anger management problems. When my pills are not taken daily such as the days where I ran out of the prescribed medicine I acted carelessly and out of anger I have insulted many players. I was only recently aware that you could keep your chat off, therefore it prohibits you to chat with other players. All I'm asking for is another chance. My mental health problems should not be taken lightly, as I act the same way in real life if my medication isn't taken for that particular day. Please admins of riot, consider this post. If you treat players with mental health problems the same as players without mental health problems I completely understand, it was fun playing. Thank you.

Haljegh

12-05-2012

The solution is not to give special treatment to anyone with a handicap, but judge everyone by the same standard.

If you get mad, be mad IRL and don't take it out on other players inside the game.

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

anger management isn't a mental health issue, it's just you not being able to keep your attitude under control.

Kirska

12-06-2012

Judging by you being in school I assume you are a teenager. The world is not going to give you special treatment for anger management. Your future employer is still going to fire you if you go off the deep end. Riot is no different. It sucks but life isn't fair.

ProjektRev

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirska View Post
Judging by you being in school I assume you are a teenager. The world is not going to give you special treatment for anger management. Your future employer is still going to fire you if you go off the deep end. Riot is no different. It sucks but life isn't fair.
Your so correct, I'm not asking for special treatment, i'm trying to make riot consider other possibilities neither am I begging for forgiveness, like I said, If people with mental health problems are treated the same as people without, it is fair. At the end of the way that is how it works in the real world, and as Riot's POV, I completely understand.

LargeSnorlax

12-06-2012

Anger issues are one thing, transferring them over to a video game via a keyboard is another. You're actually choosing to do that, you're not forced to type in offensive things in chat.

Honestly, the simplest solution to these "problems" is to pry off your enter key on a keyboard and use it to play league. Can't rage if you can't chat.

Jrud

12-06-2012

Do you get mad at your teammates because they suck? or do you get mad at your opponents for being better than you at the game?

I can control my rage for those two things pretty easily because I play for fun and not for ELO... but when my STUPID coworker that sits next to me every day hears my cell phone vibrate and says "ZZZ-ZZZ!" to make fun of it I just want to walk over there and punch him in the face.

ProjektRev

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleb bartlett View Post
anger management isn't a mental health issue, it's just you not being able to keep your attitude under control.
Your telling me it's me not being able to keep my attitude under control. If it was that simple I wouldn't have to visit the doctor every month to get my prescription written down and a full diagnosis of my mental state. I guess after all, we do have some experts on the topic of mental health issue on this forum. Also your advice was pretty clever I guess I should try it sometime, since obviously that is not the first thing I have tried. And, no sh** its me not being able to keep my attitude under control, I don't see anyone else taking the medication, nor do i see anyone else over-react with anger and frustration about things normal people would not get angry about.

ProjektRev

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeSnorlax View Post
Anger issues are one thing, transferring them over to a video game via a keyboard is another. You're actually choosing to do that, you're not forced to type in offensive things in chat.

Honestly, the simplest solution to these "problems" is to pry off your enter key on a keyboard and use it to play league. Can't rage if you can't chat.
Offensive things in chat? What exactly do you consider offensive, we all have different perspectives in this community. What I think would not be offensive, other people find it offensive, and "reportable". At the end of the day it came down to Riot to make a judgement, and my feelings towards this topic is that they made a poor judgement. In their eyes things I said were related to Tribunal, but to my eyes things I said were the truth and I'm sure many others agreed cause some of the reports that were filed were reported by only one person.

LargeSnorlax

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjektRev View Post
Offensive things in chat? What exactly do you consider offensive, we all have different perspectives in this community. What I think would not be offensive, other people find it offensive, and "reportable". At the end of the day it came down to Riot to make a judgement, and my feelings towards this topic is that they made a poor judgement. In their eyes things I said were related to Tribunal, but to my eyes things I said were the truth and I'm sure many others agreed cause some of the reports that were filed were reported by only one person.
They made a poor judgement? How can I tell? I don't see a report card.