Oracles Elixer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IusChasma

12-05-2012

I feel like the new oracle's elixir cost is prohibitive given the recent changes to the item.
I totally agree that the old oracle's elixir promoted passive play but I think the nerfs have gone too far, making the new oracle's elixir essentially a "never buy" item.
I feel that oracles elixir should cost 250g, last 4 minutes, and persist through death, just like the other elixirs. Just like the other elixir's, this would make oracle's a "short term gain" item. While it's cost would no longer be prohibitive, it would still be a fairly steep investment, especially in the early game. Like laners, who at some point must invest in elixirs and must evaluate when is best to do so, junglers and supports would have to decide when is the best time to invest in an oracles elixir.
The persistence through death would help to alleviate the pressure on junglers and supports to stay very safe while the oracle's is active.

TJHooker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Every 4 minutes, have a 250 gold counter to stealth and wards. Persists beyond death. Still calling it an investment.
lol'd

Vuther

12-05-2012

I do think it should be a bit cheaper now.

But making it persist through death is an awful idea.

Kagami

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJHooker View Post
Every 4 minutes, have a 250 gold counter to stealth and wards. Persists beyond death. Still calling it an investment.
lol'd
for 4 mins and 250 g and death won't lose it, you might as well delete pink wards.

Meroy Jenkins

12-05-2012

I thought having to stay alive with oracle made for game decisions. You would be more willing to suicide on a tower dive to get their elixir.
Or you would play safer when you had one, maybe losing an early teamfight because of it. I don't get why games not being all out agression is a bad thing, everyone should feel able to play their own playstyle and still do good.

New oracle sucks. I'll never buy it. ever.