Review my case please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JAMBOY666

12-05-2012

I received a three day ban about two weeks ago, and today I just received a week ban. I am curious about what I did wrong, and how I could try to improve my behavior? I really can't just "unbind chat" because I enjoy playing jungler/support which requires communication on leashes etc.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6012201/

Be brutally honest please

korat

12-05-2012

I'd suggest filling out a reform card.
I think most people saw game 3, your death score and decided not to sift through the logs. I don't see anything punishable in these logs. As far as I can tell, you didn't INTENTIONALLY feed.

JAMBOY666

12-05-2012

Where do I fill out a reform card? and you mean game 2 right?

VeraLuise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

After looking both games over, my recommendation would be to simply talk less, and possibly pay more attention to how you're playing. You did exceptionally poorly in both games, which is not a punishable offense on its own, but you also picked characters poorly suited to your role. I understand not wanting to follow the meta, and wanting to try something new, but looking at how you did, and your pre/in game choices I can understand how people may see that as trolling. Xerath is a particularly poor jungler, and you made no attempt to heed the wishes of your teammates to do something else. In short, you crippled your team's ability to compete in the match, and you did it intentionally. I can see somebody punishing for this, and I would be very hard pressed to convince them otherwise. I would skip it, personally, but the fact it was punished does not surprise me.

I'm sorry, but the meta does exist whether we want it to or not. Certain characters are suited/ill-suited for certain roles. If you would like to try something unconventional, I would suggest you do so in Co-Op games.

korat

12-05-2012

I'll be honest, I'm not sure. Actually, I think reform cards might only come when you're permabanned. Either way, I'd contact support and ask them to reverse the punishment.
And doi, my bad! I meant game 2.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraLuise View Post
(deleted to save space)
While I understand what you're saying and the advice for next time, playing poorly unintentionally or trying out new meta is not punishable.

VeraLuise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4t L4dy View Post
I'll be honest, I'm not sure. Actually, I think reform cards might only come when you're permabanned. Either way, I'd contact support and ask them to reverse the punishment.
And doi, my bad! I meant game 2.
The way I understand it, the link he posted to his finalized case IS his reform card.

JAMBOY666

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraLuise View Post
After looking both games over, my recommendation would be to simply talk less, and possibly pay more attention to how you're playing. You did exceptionally poorly in both games, which is not a punishable offense on its own, but you also picked characters poorly suited to your role. I understand not wanting to follow the meta, and wanting to try something new, but looking at how you did, and your pre/in game choices I can understand how people may see that as trolling. Xerath is a particularly poor jungler, and you made no attempt to heed the wishes of your teammates to do something else. In short, you crippled your team's ability to compete in the match, and you did it intentionally. I can see somebody punishing for this, and I would be very hard pressed to convince them otherwise. I would skip it, personally, but the fact it was punished does not surprise me.

I'm sorry, but the meta does exist whether we want it to or not. Certain characters are suited/ill-suited for certain roles. If you would like to try something unconventional, I would suggest you do so in Co-Op games.
So do you think I was punished solely for game two?

VeraLuise

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4t L4dy View Post
While I understand what you're saying and the advice for next time, playing poorly unintentionally or trying out new meta is not punishable.
This is very true, and rightly so, but when going into a game it is assumed that each player on a team is expected to communicate with their teammates and try their best to win. I understand that his teammates were being relatively uncooperative, but continuing on a path that is faring poorly could be considered "Assisting the enemy team". The simple fact is that his case likely fell into the laps of fairly strict judges, and I cannot disagree with their verdict. He tried to do something that defied conventional logic, that also wasn't particularly beneficial to his team, and it contributed heavily to his team's loss. I cannot fault his teammates for being upset, and I understand the judges' verdict. In short, don't use a spoon to dig a hole when you have a shovel available. He intentionally cost his team the game.

VeraLuise

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMBOY666 View Post
So do you think I was punished solely for game two?
Yes. Game one was a bad game, and Zyra is a poor bottom laner, but it can be realistically expected to work. Xerath is not a jungler, plain and simple. A highly experienced player MAY be able to pull it off with some reasonable measure of success, but you really should've known better. Consider this a simple learning experience.

VeraLuise

12-05-2012

I apologize if any of my responses seem harsh, or uncalled for. I'm simply examining the case to the best of my ability, and attempting to explain why I believe he was punished.